So I decided that soon I will be ordering a New Stirling Arms one-handed waster, as I wanted to start getting into sword and buckler fencing. And rather than buy an equally expensive buckler to practice with, I decided I'd make a little "waster" buckler to use in drills.

There's a reason I posted this in Off-topic, because the template I am about to describe is about as non-historical as it gets. I went and ordered a little 1 1/2 pint stainless mixing bowl off of Amazon, one with a nice wide brim that's about 6 inches across. This will be my cheap little boss. Then I drew up a template in 1/2 inch plywood to attach the bowl to. I plan to punch some holes in the rim of the bowl and bolt it to the plywood, with a hole cut in the plywood so that my fist can sit nicely inside the boss. I'll probably end up carving a wooden handle and bolting that down as well.

I just though some people might be interested in a little hobby project, cheap and ugly as it is. When I get the bowl I'll try to post some pictures. Wish me luck!

Connor