Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

THE WINNER: Clontarf Viking Sword Giveaway!
585 people entered this contest but only one leaves with the prize!

After 500+ replies in the contest topic and over 9,400 views, it's time to pick a winner!

THE WINNER OF THE CLONTARF VIKING SWORD IS:

Joel Thompson of Virginia Beach, VA!

[ Linked Image ]
Overall length: 36"; Blade length: 30.5"; Blade width (at base): 2.125"; Point of Balance: 6.5"; Center of Percussion: ~20"; Weight: 2.3 pounds

When asked why he wants to be a viking, Joel says this:

Well, most people think I am a Viking. I look like one (ask the Mercenary's Tailor guys). I re-create a Viking character in my living history group. My name is Ragnarr Ekeroth. Ekeroth is an actual old family name on my mother's side. A family member has traced our ancestors back to 10th century Sweden (Birka, for those in the know). So, who better to wield such a beautiful sword? I assure you that if I win this treasure, it will not hang on the wall. It will fulfill it's real function as a weapon. I am a practitioner of the sword as well, and I intend to actually use it. Not to mention of course that it will look really cool hanging at my side. I will be a walking advertisement for Albion. And will not hesitate to wax poetic on the merits of my new replica.

Thanks goes out to Albion Armorers for donating this fantastic sword for this contest!

[ Linked Image ]

To review the details of this contest, please visit the Contest Announcement.

Stay tuned for more big contests here at myArmoury.com!
Congrats Joel, Dont put out anyone's eye... Unless you're trying to... Vikings...
congrats! After reading your contest post I am sure that this sword is going to have a great time with you.
Congrats Joel,
Nice one guys :)
Congrats Joel. :D At least this time I'm in the same state as the winner......

William
aka Bill
Congratulations Joel! Use her well. :D
congrats joel.......don't forget to post some pics of it in use.

ha. no viking sword for me this year.
May the force of Thor be with you and your sword, lucky young viking!!!!!!!
Have fun with it, Joel!
Well, what can I say? Thank you seems so trivial. I feel like I won the lottery. Man, oh man! I can't wait for my sword to arrive so I can check it out. And now when I do a Round Table, there'll be a nice Albion piece on display with all the others. Plus my Del Tin 2102 that Albion sharpened for me. Does that count? Actually, I bought the Del Tin second hand. It might be an Albion sword. Anyway, I'm tickled to death at winning this sword. And I will send pics. Yeehah!

Best to all,
Ragnarr Ekeroth
Congrats namesake! :)
Congratulations.

My ninjas will be by later to...um...borrow it.
Congratulations, Joel!
Keep a pillaging diary, huh?
With pics!
Congrats Joel. :) :)
Congratulations! Hope the first raid goes well. ;)
have fun
I hope you enjoy it asnd post lots of pics. cut up some stuff. take pics repeat. i am very jealous. too bad the contest was based on merit, because i didn't have a chance against a resume lik yours.
Congratulations, Joel. That's a good sword.

One result of this contest - there are now a whole lot of forum members with one post.
Roger Hooper wrote:
One result of this contest - there are now a whole lot of forum members with one post.

Was hoping that would sort of be a "breaking of the ice" for them. We'll see...
Congrats Joel!! :D
Congratulations, Joel! :D

Then Ecgtheow's son commanded a great standard with the boar's-head crest, a towering war-helmet, a steel corselet, and a glittering sword to be brought in. He said [to his lord and kinsman, Hygelac], 'The venerable king Hrothgar gave me this armour and particularly requested me to tell you its history….........Enjoy it well!'

-- adapted from Beowulf (A Prose Translation by David Wright), and Beowulf (A New Verse Translation by Seamus Heaney), line 2152.

You'll have to give it a good kenning... ;)

Thank you to Nathan and Albion for another great chance!
Jesse
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Page 1 of 3

Jump to: