Del Tin Celtic Sword
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this sword?
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=...ltic+Sword

And just for kicks, do you think you can squeeze it into this deepeeka scabbard?
http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=...ltic+Sword

Certainly, that scabbard has plenty of room length & thickness wide, but the width is pretty close. I wonder if you could squeeze a 1.8 inch wide blade into the scabbard for a 1.6 inch wide sword? Hmmmm.

Ideally, i'd like to get the Del Tin sword & sharpen it, and also get the Deepeeka sword for a loner or to play around with a bit. I was hoping I might be able to use the scabbard for both.
Kult Of Athena: 1-847-531-8664

Give them a call and see if they can try the DT sword in the Deepeeka scabbard for you.
Yep, I have one. It's a good one. One of the better DT's, IMHO. Light and nicely balanced. Nice grip too, not too small, and not too large as to be terribly ahistoric. I haven't sharpened mine, so I haven't cut with it, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so, If I got around to it.

Would it fit in the Deepeeka scabbard? I have no idea.

Anyway, if you want it, don't hesitate. It's probably the best Iron-age Celtic sword on the market right now, short of going custom.
Matt Corbin wrote:

Give them a call and see if they can try the DT sword in the Deepeeka scabbard for you.
Will do. I've become so accustomed to going to the internet for information, I've forgotten that sometimes all it might take is a simple phone call :blush:
T Franks wrote:
Matt Corbin wrote:

Will do. I've become so accustomed to going to the internet for information, I've forgotten that sometimes all it might take is a simple phone call :blush:

Kult of Athena is based somewhere around Chicago, so you might be able to check in person, too.

Last edited by Chad Arnow on Sat 07 Aug, 2010 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
David Wilson wrote:
Yep, I have one. It's a good one. One of the better DT's, IMHO. Light and nicely balanced. Nice grip too, not too small, and not too large as to be terribly ahistoric. I haven't sharpened mine, so I haven't cut with it, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so, If I got around to it.

Anyway, if you want it, don't hesitate. It's probably the best Iron-age Celtic sword on the market right now, short of going custom.

Thanks for the review. Sounds nice, I might pick one up.
Chad Arnow wrote:
Kult of Athena is based somewhere around Chicago, so you might be able to check in person, too.
Looks like they got a showroon in Elgin, cool.
David Wilson wrote:

I would agree wholeheartedly with everything said here. Its definitely my favorite sword in my modest collection.
So what do you guys' make of this sword, as far as which period it is suposed to represent? It is advertised as a 4th Century BC sword, but the blade length and it's diamond rib seems suitable more for "mid" La Tene. I really want this sword, but i'm actually trying to build a "late" La Tene kit, and i'm wondering if this would be acceptible. I know "late" La Tene swords tend to get a bit longer and have a very short point, generally speaking.
i wouldn't put my del tin in that scabbard. even if it fit. i have the scabbard. its always rusty and not period at all. sudo maybe but with a that sword I would have someone make a better scabbard for it. :) your best bet is to contact Nate Bell or some of the guys on the Kelticos.org site. great wealth of information that would be more period to your liking I think
Chuck Russell wrote:
i wouldn't put my del tin in that scabbard. even if it fit. i have the scabbard. its always rusty and not period at all. sudo maybe but with a that sword I would have someone make a better scabbard for it. :) your best bet is to contact Nate Bell or some of the guys on the Kelticos.org site. great wealth of information that would be more period to your liking I think

Thanks Chuck. Well, I definately would'nt store my Del Tin in it, that's for sure. I was only thinking for temporary means of transportaion etc., but now you have me thinking otherwise. So it's rusty huh? I'll probably get the deepeeka just to have something to bang around in the yard with my son (for however long it can), something fun & cheap. That sword certainly wouldn't be realistic enough for the kit I am trying to build, so my kit might be a spear guy until I can aquire a nice sword/scabbard combo.

Nonetheless, I still want that Del Tin, regardless of it's accuracy for the time period i'm goin for. I think it might be a century before the time i'm lookin' for, but I dunno. But if I did get that Del Tin sword, i'd definately want a decent scabbard for it.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: