Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > User experience with Albion or ATrim blades Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri 10 Sep, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jason Goldsmith wrote:
I just ordered a custom type XVIII from Tinker (arrives in 3 days!!!), so I think he is still taking orders Happy

There is a difference between " IN STOCK " customs orders and certainly Tinker is still very much selling his work I just meant that he has in the past decided to concentrate on making what he likes and then selling it as in stock as this avoids all sorts of problems with missed delivery dates etc ....

On the other hand a slot can open in his working cue where he will take a " commissioned custom order ".

But it's very important to contact him personally because his policy on accepting customs orders is something only he can confirm and I might be relating old information that may have changed.

I would hate having Tinker missing out on an order because people assume that he isn't taking orders ! In this Economy all our makers need the work but their backlog of work can vary from booked years in advance to their starving to death because they haven't gotten an other in a long time !

So don't take what I write here as anything more than my opinion and speculations .... if you want something from a maker contact them directly. Wink

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Jason Goldsmith

PostPosted: Sat 11 Sep, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
[
There is a difference between " IN STOCK " customs orders and certainly Tinker is still very much selling his work I just meant that he has in the past decided to concentrate on making what he likes and then selling it as in stock as this avoids all sorts of problems with missed delivery dates etc ....

On the other hand a slot can open in his working cue where he will take a " commissioned custom order ".

But it's very important to contact him personally because his policy on accepting customs orders is something only he can confirm and I might be relating old information that may have changed.

I would hate having Tinker missing out on an order because people assume that he isn't taking orders ! In this Economy all our makers need the work but their backlog of work can vary from booked years in advance to their starving to death because they haven't gotten an other in a long time !

So don't take what I write here as anything more than my opinion and speculations .... if you want something from a maker contact them directly. Wink

Actually, my sword is custom. I ordered it in June and it ships today. You are right though that you absolutely have to contact him, though. I just wanted people to know that he is indeed taking people's orders.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > User experience with Albion or ATrim blades
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: