Is Goliath in Color?
Does anybody know if the Goliath manuscript is in color? All the online images that I've been able to find are black and white.

Thanks,
Greg Coffman
http://www.thearma.org/Manuals/Goliath/Goliath.htm

The autor of this web say it`s in colour

Deus vos guard
Re: Is Goliath in Color?
Greg Coffman wrote:
Does anybody know if the Goliath manuscript is in color? All the online images that I've been able to find are black and white.

It is definitely in color. The all-text plates are black and white (not even the common red letters), but the paintings themselves are very colorful. They look as though they're done with watercolors using soft pastel tones, but I'm not an artist and might be saying that incorrectly. Two of the Harnischfechten plates are unfinished, however, they're just black line drawings that haven't been colored in; they just look unfinished, as if they'd been drawn in but not painted yet.
And do I need to contact the Jagelonische Bibliothek in Krakow to get color plates or is there somewhere else online I could find them?
Greg Coffman wrote:
And do I need to contact the Jagelonische Bibliothek in Krakow to get color plates or is there somewhere else online I could find them?

They are not on line anywhere to the best of my knowledge. Is there something you specifically want to know about the colored paintings? I'd be happy to look for it for you if there is. Really, however, the online B&W versions show all of the details pretty well.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: