cold Steel Indian Warclub
Hello
i just got a ,ColdSteel, Indian warclub.What should I paint it with?

Thanks In advance
Re: cold Steel Indian Warclub
Karl Knisley wrote:
Hello
i just got a ,ColdSteel, Indian warclub.What should I paint it with?

Thanks In advance

Since it's polypropylene I think that not many paints will stick to it and any paint that dries hard and flaky wont bend with the material of the warclub: Will crack assuming it even adheres to the material ?

Not very helpful but any paint would have to stay flexible after drying and maybe the surface of the polypropylene would need to be lightly sanded to give something for the paint to hold on to.

I haven't yet but maybe " Googling " polypropylene + paint might give you some results ?

( Edited: Did a little Googling for you and if you scroll down the page you will find various answers included some very detailled ones on how to prepare the surface: http://www.finishing.com/61/59.shtml )

Now painted and left untouched as a display piece might work, having the paint stay good looking if you use the club to hit things would be a lot to expect !?

Cold steel's Irish Blackthorn walking stick uses some sort of paint on part of the head to make it look like wood grain and although it holds up well to light use it does chip if dropped on concrete like I dropped mine. Maybe Cold steel would tell you what kind of paint to try on your Indian war club ? ).

http://www.coldsteel.com/irishblackthorn.html
I suggest you take a look at the wonderfully weird world of Live Action Role Playing (LARP). They use a lot of foam weapons that get painted. If I recall correctly they use some kind of latex-based paint that dries up very flexible. I once had a sword like that. They do require regular maintenance just like steel weapons, but instead of rubbing them with oil you rub them with talcon powder.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: