This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

Hi,
I offer a brigandine with the following specifications for sale:
Leather cover on the inside and outside, inside non-coloured, outside dark brown/red leather, core made of 1,5mm metal sheets, riveted to the leather layers. The chest is made of bigger plates, which offer vbery good protection. The lower parts of the brigandine consist of small plates, that allow some movability aroudn the hips.
The main shape of the brigandine should be good for 14th century reenactment, meanwhile the rivet-pattern fits better for the 15th century. So, depending on how close to the sources you are living, this nice piece of armour should fit to a range of time periods.
To give you a vast imagination of the size:
Me personaly, I am 1,72m high and ca. 83kg heavy. Unter the brigandine I wear a gambeson and a chainmail ( see photo ).
And this are some measures:
linear measures:
shoulder to lower edge: ca. 72cm
shoulder width: ca. 32cm
width unter the arms: ca. 45cm
height of the arm holes: ca. 24cm
width of the upper opening ( for the head ): ca. 15cm
circular measures:
outline of the upper opening ( for the head ): ca. 48cm
outline of the armholes: ca. 65cm
outline unter the arms ( inside the brigandine ): ca. 110cm

total weight: ca. 16kg

The brigandine is used 3 times, so it shows some scratches and also some dark marks on the inside, which come from the chainmail. All edges are lined with extra leather stripes, which are sewn to the brigandine itself. Around the arm holes, the yarn broke two times, what comes from the chainmail, I wore underneath. But This is just an optical matter.

I would describe the overall condition of teh brigandine as used but very good, no damages, just some visual marks. It looks not brand-new, but used, what should be great for usage in reenactment, larp etc.

I really love that piece of armour, but I have to sell it, because I "grew out of it" :-( Between ordering and getting / using it, I won around 10kg so it is a bit tight around the hips ;-)

A base for price discussions should be 700,- Euros, but every suggested price is welcome! Shipment will be from Germany, fora the exact price, please ask.

Look ath the pictures and if there are any questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely, Florian

Attachment: 47.64 KB
brig-metal.JPG
inside view from the production process

Attachment: 135.91 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 122.94 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 119.62 KB
[ Download ]

Attachment: 123.8 KB
Thes me wearing the brigandine [ Download ]