Identifying Highbinder weapons
I found two pictures of various weapons used by the Chinese American Highbinders. Some of them I recognize right off the bat, but I can't make out what kind of guns they used.

http://content.cdlib.org/dynaxml/data/13030/b...1-FID4.jpg

Here I can make out a tanto, some sort of crowbar or railroad spike, and butterfly knives. The knives look like trench or utility knives but I'm not sure, and I can't really make out that gun. Is that a Navy or Dragoon?

http://cherbertamst.umwblogs.org/files/2009/01/0131w7753.jpg

More variety with this picture. Butterfly swords make an appearance again, along with more knives, a meat cleaver, and a hatchet. That item on the right looks like a truncheon of some sort, and I can't make out what kind of gun is illustrated here.

Could someone give me more detail about the weapons in these pics? And also, would anyone happen to know what other weapons would've been around for these Chinese Highbenders to use? These guys would've been around San Francisco around the turn of the century.
In the first picture I believe the pistol is a Colt M1861Navy. Not sure about the other pistol. It looks like an early black powder revolver. Possibly pre-colt.
Everything online has to do with Colts or Remington. Apparently everyone is only buying or interested in new model black powder pistols. Hmm Not sure what I have in book form about black powder pistols
Hello... Perhaps a Prescott Navy??

Deus vos guard
yes or a French Devisme [ Linked Image ] or something else badly drawn ;)
As Joel said, the revolver above could be a Colt Navy 61 (.36" ...or Army 60 (.44" with a missing loading lever anyway.)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: