Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > So you want to know how to carve a scottish dirk handle? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Chris Goerner

PostPosted: Thu 26 Aug, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just received my copy of the book, and I have to say I am quite impressed. Although it has 184 photos compared to 243 in the photo CD, the book is still very complete in it's documentation. It appears most of the photos that were left out are ones showing subtle advancements in the carving of the grip. I don't think anything is lost in understanding the construction process through the omission of those photos.

I like the fact that the book shows several progressive shots on the same page. Being able to look back and forth between several photos like that is helpful.

At the same time, I really like the photo CD due to the pictures being larger and the ability to blow them up even further on my monitor. So, I stand by my original statement -- considering the modest price point, getting both the book and the CD seems the way to go.

Of course, getting the book, photo CD and the dirk itself is best of all Big Grin

Chris

Sic Semper Tyranus

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > So you want to know how to carve a scottish dirk handle?
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: