New Short Sword
[ Linked Image ]

This is a sword that I made just to get some creative juices flowing on one of those crazy hot days last week.
It features our new wide 24" short sword blade. Kerry decided he wanted a wider short sword blade so we added it to the line. We still carry our standard short sword blades with more taper.

The handle is wenge.
faceted fatboy pommel.
custom ground hilt with side ring.
stage combat blunt edge.
24" wide fullered short sword blade.

Nothing fancy. Just a nice clean little sword that I thought you would enjoy.

More info and pictures here. http://baltimoreknife.com/shortswords.htm

Also take a look around the website. I am updating it. Adding new sections and new work.

Cheers and thanks for looking!
Matt
Suweeetness! I'm diggin this one boys. The wenge I never seen in this color and shape looks great and the side ring is always working in mine eyes, two thumbs up;)
That is a nice looking short sword.

Forgive me for going off topic, but I was looking at your knife section and was wondering - have you ever made, or considered making, a D-Guard bowie?
As a big fan of short swords, I must say I like that! Do you have any photos that show the entire sword, including the tip?
John Lundemo wrote:
Suweeetness! I'm diggin this one boys. The wenge I never seen in this color and shape looks great and the side ring is always working in mine eyes, two thumbs up;)

Yea wenge has become a favorite of mine this year. I also agree that a side ring always adds! Thanks John!
Roger Hooper wrote:
That is a nice looking short sword.

Forgive me for going off topic, but I was looking at your knife section and was wondering - have you ever made, or considered making, a D-Guard bowie?

We make them all the time. There is so much more that we make then the website shows. The site is just a taste. I guess I should put up some larger galleries to give more perspective.

Our standared bowie blanks are 12' and 14" form shoulder to tip. Stage combat versions come welded with leather grip. Sharps normally get a wood grip or anlter.

Here is an example of the standard blade blank. I often reshape them a little to make more then one blade out of the blank but this one is standard stage setup. Can also come as a full D-Ring.

[ Linked Image ]

Last edited by Matthew Stagmer on Fri 16 Jul, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chris Lampe wrote:
As a big fan of short swords, I must say I like that! Do you have any photos that show the entire sword, including the tip?

Bad crop job. Sorry. I will get one up ASAP.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: