The masks?
Greetings to all! Met in the wilds of the internet there are museum exhibits. It seemed to me that this mask. What is it? And if there are other views that show me please.

Attachment: 35.34 KB
IMG_0891.jpg

it is a cover to the muzzle of the horse...noseband, probably 16-17th Century.
That's what I love about this forum - always something interesting to discover!

Such fine workmanship for a horse muzzle! Anybody got any better pics - these are really quite exquisite.

Julian
I'm fairly sure these reside in the Musée de l'Armée in Paris... Or at least there are similar things there.

Alas it is notoriously difficult to take good pictures in this Museum :( Next time I go there I'll try to remember to try...

Regards,
Vincent Le Chevalier wrote:
I'm fairly sure these reside in the Musée de l'Armée in Paris... Or at least there are similar things there.

Alas it is notoriously difficult to take good pictures in this Museum :( Next time I go there I'll try to remember to try...

Regards,

Yeah, lots of museums are like that - and even the ones that are not often simply forbid photography altogether. It helps their print sales, of course, which is a good thing, but still... :(

Flash photography is probably not allowed, but a good polarizing lens should help eliminate the reflections.
Mikko Kuusirati wrote:

Flash photography is probably not allowed

do you think, there is a reason in this, or did just somebody start it, and all the others followed without thinking over ?
i was told once, old pictures get darker and darker, when exposed to light over the centuries, so i could imagine, flashlight was not their best.
But can light really damage armour ???
I think they just chose to define a museum-wide policy, rather than indicating for each piece whether or not light will damage it. Must be a lot easier to enforce... So if they have sensitive pieces they forbid flash all over. For the average tourist (not expected to think much ;) ) it's probably the best choice.

I've seen a lot of pictures from this museum taken with a flash, so they're not that strict about enforcing it I suppose...

The polarizing lens idea is interesting, I might look into it...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: