Source for Scottish Burgonet
Does anyone know of a US source for the SAY Scottish Burgonet, i.e. the in the style of the Border Reivers?
Re: Source for Scottish Burgonet
Lin Robinson wrote:
Does anyone know of a US source for the SAY Scottish Burgonet, i.e. the in the style of the Border Reivers?

any photos of what you're referring to, as a matter of interest?
(somewhat curious as to what makes it "scottish"... )
Lin, Arms and Armor used to make a really nice Scottish Burgonet helmet, which I believe they advertised as being a Border Reivers style. Give Craig Johnson a call and see if they still have one, or can make you one up. I tried one on at the Bristol Renaissance Faire a few years back, and it was quite nice.
Re: Source for Scottish Burgonet
JG Elmslie wrote:
Lin Robinson wrote:

What makes it Scottish is its use by Scottish border reivers and the fact that the manufacturer refers to it in that manner. Most burgonets were made outside of Scotland and were worn by English and Scottish borderers. I have attached a photo of the piece in question.

Attachment: 65.94 KB
Burgonet.jpg

Lin Robinson wrote:
JG Elmslie wrote:
Lin Robinson wrote:

What makes it Scottish is its use by Scottish border reivers and the fact that the manufacturer refers to it in that manner. Most burgonets were made outside of Scotland and were worn by English and Scottish borderers. I have attached a photo of the piece in question.

Ahh. that's what I was thinking - my gut reaction was "scottish? Our kit was just the same stuff germans were selling, really" - was wondering if it was representing something particularly unusual and outside the norm for the reivers...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: