Knight model kits being reissued
Hello:

My other hobby is building plastic model kits - mostly 1/48 scale aircraft kits. But I have a couple of knight kits too. A long time ago, there was a model kit company called Aurora. They made a series of 1/8 scale knight kits.

I noticed a couple have been reissued by Monogram or Revell. These are the Red Knight and the Black Knight of Nuremburg. I think the rest of the series will be reissued too including a mounted knight. I hope so.

Just thought everyone might like to know. I built one when I was a kid after a medieval display from the Metropolitan Museum of Art came to a local museum. The Aurora kits were sold in the gift shop. They are fun to build. Perhaps not totally accurate, but fun.
Re: Knight model kits being reissued
Dustin Faulkner wrote:
Hello:

My other hobby is building plastic model kits - mostly 1/48 scale aircraft kits. But I have a couple of knight kits too. A long time ago, there was a model kit company called Aurora. They made a series of 1/8 scale knight kits.

I noticed a couple have been reissued by Monogram or Revell. These are the Red Knight and the Black Knight of Nuremburg. I think the rest of the series will be reissued too including a mounted knight. I hope so.

Just thought everyone might like to know. I built one when I was a kid after a medieval display from the Metropolitan Museum of Art came to a local museum. The Aurora kits were sold in the gift shop. They are fun to build. Perhaps not totally accurate, but fun.

Holy Cow....

I built some of those kits when I was a kid and that was a very long time ago. I had the "Silver Knight of Augsburg", the "Blue Knight of Milan" and the "Black Knight of Nuremburg". I had not thought of those for years!!
Check this thread:
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...ight=model
I built all of those knight models when I was a boy. Besides the ones already mentioned, Aurora also made the Red Knight of Vienna, and the Gold Knight of Nice. I remember the Gold Knight was mounted on an armored horse and had a sallet and bevor.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: