Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Concept Art - The Principe Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next 
Sam Barris

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Mon 21 Feb, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I got a chance to see and handle one of the prototype blades (Alexandria, IIRC) when I passed through New Glarus last August. Unmounted, so I couldn't comment on what it'll handle like when it's all put together. They're really much wider in person than the picture conveys, and there is some very interesting geometry going on there. I don't know if that's responsible for the production time, but I will say that these are pretty unique beasts they're making, and I've never known an Albion to not be worth the wait.
Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
JE Sarge
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jun, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bump for an update on this piece as well. I am set on the Alexandria, but I like the Principe more and more every time I look at it. Both are beautiful swords that I would love to see in reality soon! Happy
J.E. Sarge
Crusader Monk Sword Scabbards and Customizations
www.crusadermonk.com

"But lack of documentation, especially for such early times, is not to be considered as evidence of non-existance." - Ewart Oakeshott
Michael Ahrens

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jun, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yes I am also quite interested in the progress of this sword!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Mike Ahrens
http://www.selohaar.org/

Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Member of the 1st Universal Church of St. John Cantius Garand, Reformed (Gas Port)
Addison C. de Lisle

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jun, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have one on order and emailed Albion a few times about a release date for the Principe - no news or ETA yet.
www.addisondelisle.com
Michael Ahrens

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jun, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Addison C. de Lisle wrote:
I have one on order and emailed Albion a few times about a release date for the Principe - no news or ETA yet.

This is why I did not pre-order. no ETA. but you have my money, sometimes for years. The reason I now wait to buy used.

Mike

Mike Ahrens

Member of the 1st Universal Church of St. John Cantius Garand, Reformed (Gas Port)
Addison C. de Lisle

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jun, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, it's not like I can't use the money as a credit towards a sword already in production from Albion if I get tired of waiting. In the past Albion has been happy to let me do so, and it's not like the Principe is the only sword they make that I want Wink
www.addisondelisle.com
Michael Ahrens

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jun, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Addison C. de Lisle wrote:
Well, it's not like I can't use the money as a credit towards a sword already in production from Albion if I get tired of waiting. In the past Albion has been happy to let me do so, and it's not like the Principe is the only sword they make that I want Wink

The difference is I have owned every albion sword I have ever wanted, and resold most. kept the ones I truely liked. Both Next Gen, and Museum Line. Except for an other Svante there are no old models I want except a regent. However I have an Earl so what is the point. New model swords are where it is for me. I am in no way saying this is normal, because I know many happy people. My experience however has be lacking.
Mike

Mike Ahrens

Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jun, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Albion delays are annoying, but not infuriating. I'm waiting on my own Principe as well. However I only put about 50% down on this new sword design for this very reason. I figure that if I don't see it released in the next six months from now I'll apply the credit then to one they already produce...like the new Cluny, which is in production now. :-) It's really not a problem since $500 credit at Albion is $500 eventually well spent regardless of the sword you're spending it upon.

This also personally works out for me in this case since I just bought a house and the wife would go ballistic if I spend any more money on stuff till we got some remodeling done first. So I can wait.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jun, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bryce Felperin wrote:
Albion delays are annoying, but not infuriating. I

The economy certainly isn't helping here developing new designs at a faster pace. Sad

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 28 Jun, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Bryce Felperin wrote:
Albion delays are annoying, but not infuriating. I

The economy certainly isn't helping here developing new designs at a faster pace. Sad

Speculation on such things doesn't really help anyone, especially Albion.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Chris Artman

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 28 Jun, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Ahrens wrote:
Except for another Svante there are no old models I want ... New model swords are where it is for me.

Same here... I know it sounds dumb, but every time I think about that old thread "Which sword would you bring into battle" it would still be the Svante. The grip is longer than typical, almost as long as the Dane. Most importantly, the grip feels long and smooth with plenty of handling room-- it feels 'ergonomic' and roomy. The blade seems just about right in just about every aspect. In any case, I'd have to agree, another Svante would be the only thing I'd want also... The second most favorite would be another Brescia Spadona. The Dane is quite a cool sword as well and that would be tied for 2nd or third with the Brescia.

I have had the Cluny for a few weeks now I believe and I suppose it is nice to have such an accurate reproduction. However, it is really more like a rapier Happy

In any case, I am very much looking forward to my long standing pre-orders:

Maximillian: I hope this is at least as long as the Dane, or very close. I don't think the Dane is very long, cosidering it is an extreme two-hander. With over 6 foot landschneckt swords, I think the Dane could have been even longer than the total length of 58" (another 4-6 more inches anyway) considering 72 - 76" Landschneckt swords. At the very least, I hope the Maximillian is at least as long as the Dane, or not much less that is for sure. In any case, I really enjoy the Dane nonetheless.

The Markgraf with half-wire wrap option: I would think this particular sword would be ready by now.

and the Principe
Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Thu 15 Sep, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Any current status on this one?
Addison C. de Lisle

PostPosted: Thu 15 Sep, 2011 1:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've been emailing Mike Sigman at Albion about this sword every so often to check for updates - thus far nothing new as far as I have been told. Oh well, I'm not really in a great rush anyway, and if I get impatient I can always use the money towards the Sovereign or something Happy
www.addisondelisle.com
Michael Ahrens

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bump to the TOP!

Lest we forget!!!!!!

Mike Ahrens

Addison C. de Lisle

PostPosted: Tue 10 Jan, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I still haven't gotten an ETA from Albion, but there was an update from Albion Europe's Facebook page:

Quote:
2012 will should also bring more swords out of R&D. I hope to see the Maximillian and Principe around summer and a perhaps also an addition to the Maestro Line. There will also be a new sword model or two added to the Museum Line (one in particular will be absolutely stunning - but very secret for a while).

So here's to hoping that the wait is approaching an end...and I can't wait to see what the new Museum Line pieces will be...

www.addisondelisle.com
Chris Artman

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu 26 Jan, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Anytime a new museum piece is announced, especially worded the way that *special* museum sword is worded, sounds exciting. *Stunning* that is attention grabbing!

I'm kind of baffled about why the Principe was announced along with what seemed like a lot of enthusiasm, but it just disappeared of the ETA map... Then you have the Cluny which just showed up :-) Oops, it seems the post above says this summer for the Principe... that would be great!

Its always great to be coming out with new pieces, but I really think they should finish the Principe and decide what is going on with the Markgraf also... they have been on idle for a very long time now. Thankfully, the Maximillian is coming out soon, so that is one less I have to worry about :-)

That just leaves the Principe and Markgraf for me.

The XVIIIc Principe just seems like the coolest blade and proportions. Maybe I'll give up on the Markgraf then and put that towards one of the new museum pieces in he future.
Peter Johnsson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 3

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jan, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The Principe is next on my work list for wax carving.

:-)

Sorry, I did mean Alexandria.
Too much stuff crammed into my small mind.
Matthew Bunker

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jan, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Peter Johnsson wrote:

Noooooooo...step away from the Principe and sort out the Alaris. The world is aching for an Illerup sword!

"If a Greek can do it, two Englishman certainly can !"
Peter Johnsson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 3

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jan, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Matthew Bunker wrote:
Peter Johnsson wrote:

Noooooooo...step away from the Principe and sort out the Alaris. The world is aching for an Illerup sword!

I have sorted out the design of the Alaris long ago. You are waiting for the Albion workshop to produce the prototype for that one ;-)
-I can say as much, that I think you will like the blade. Or should I say the blades....
;-)

The hilt will present a new hypothesis for the construction of the hilt as they are represented in the finds from the Danish bogs. I hope you will like that too.
...Or should I say the hilts?
;-)
Matthew Bunker

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jan, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Peter Johnsson wrote:
-I can say as much, that I think you will like the blade. Or should I say the blades....
;-)

The hilt will present a new hypothesis for the construction of the hilt as they are represented in the finds from the Danish bogs. I hope you will like that too.
...Or should I say the hilts?
;-)

Swoon! <thud>
How very exciting. Can't come soon enough for me. My Barta 'Kragehul' sword is looking very lonely.

"If a Greek can do it, two Englishman certainly can !"

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Concept Art - The Principe
Page 3 of 4 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: