New Dremel Tool
Just saw a new TV advertisement introducing a new Dremel tool that looks like it could have some neat sword and armor applications. Basically this tool is a mini-router with an adjustable depth gauge and side-guides. The motor assembly is perdendicular to the bit rather than the traditional in-line design we are all familiar with. If this puppy can be supplied with bits that can cut steel rather than wood, then fullers of all types just became a whole lot simpler.

Has anyone seen the ad and/or had any experience with the tool? I'd imagine they are in Home Depot and Lowes right now. Ad said a list price of $99.00 with case and accessories.
That would be to good to be true. Unfortunately routers for steel work with big powerful motors at low RPM unlike wood routers. Dremels are great for what they are built for, but simply don't have enough muscle to deal with sword blades.
Making fullers it's a headache. I've bartered once with a worker to make some fullers but after he finished with my first sword he said that he won't do it again not even for all the drinks in the world.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: