Awesome Crusader Kit
Not mine, I just found this and thought it was kinda cool.
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-s...e-6-a.html
Imagine going and telling that guy all the inaccuracies he missed :p I think he'd faint!!!!
Z
Re: Awesome Crusader Kit
Zach Gordon wrote:
Not mine, I just found this and thought it was kinda cool.
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/sixth-s...e-6-a.html
Imagine going and telling that guy all the inaccuracies he missed :p I think he'd faint!!!!
Z

Hehe to be honest, he has done a way moe acurate representation with this kit than most reenactors ever manage (sans the butted mail, but dooing riveted mail on this scale is beyond insane...)
I think it's actually pretty accurate, far more accurate than the armour in "Kingdom of Heaven" and the new Robin Hood. :)
Not bad at all for a 1:6 figurine!

I like it. :)
Now my girl friend finnally knows how someone can be turned on by armor. Even if it is a minature. Talent and art at its finest.
That's really quite amazing. I'm super impressed. I'd love to see it in person. Nicely done.
The first word that comes to my mind when I see that is... RAD! The thought of trying to make chain maille is scary enough, let alone maille that small. Very well done, and the figurine just looks darn cool.

:lol:
The link seems to be broken now.

J
So... what's wrong with the accuracy of that armor? :wtf:
Jean Henri Chandler wrote:
The link seems to be broken now.

No, it's not. If you're not able to get there, the issue is not with the link. Try it again later. Your network is flaking out on you.
Joshua R wrote:

How is it supposed to be armour if someone can't even fit inside it?
The armour has to be at least... three times bigger than this!
Christopher H wrote:
Joshua R wrote:

That's miniature-ism and you know it! :p
Funny thing is that when I re-read some posts I suddenly realized that it was a miniature. :eek: At first glance I though it was a real person showing off their real full sized kit ....... A more careful look at the face and a " SLAP ON MY FOREHEAD LATER "
I'm very impressed.
Jean, I did the same thing! At first glance I thought "Wow, really nice kit. This guy should be posting on myArmoury."

Once it sunk in that the photographs are of a 1:6 miniature I was at a loss for words! :surprised: :eek: :cool:
The figurine even has a small drop of sweat coming off the end of his nose. The armour and weapon and facial features .... amazing. I can barely stay focused long enough to make a full size handle for a sword let alone make one for the wee people----but maile that small...simply amazing.
To put it simply and bluntly, this is spectacular. :eek:
Christopher H wrote:
Joshua R wrote:

hehe, i also enjoyed zoolander.
Gottfried P. Doerler wrote:
Christopher H wrote:
Joshua R wrote:

hehe, i also enjoyed zoolander.

[ Linked Image ]
Oh my. That is something special. The closest I've come to that is to make a mail vest for my daughter's teddy bear.
Since this topic was brought up again, I went back and looked at the pictures again. There's a lot more stuff there than I remember form when this first came up, a lot of it on further pages of the post.

While the mail itself is still the most mind-blowing part, there's a lot of other impressive details. That miniature wears proper braies and chausses!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: