Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > world Historical Medieval Battles Major League Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jun, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: world Historical Medieval Battles Major League         Reply with quote

Dear colleagues-reenactors!
We are glad to inform you that on the basis of the project “Battle of the Nations” world Historical Medieval Battles Major League has been created. It presents historical medieval battle as brand-new elite world kind of extreme sport (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLCLljsihzk , http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pnfyv-UVmc&am...embedded). Major League consists of the best world reenactors who are not only engaged in making arms and armor replicas but also use them in fierce full contact historical medieval battle which is regulated by the strict rules and principles of results estimation. At this point world Historical Medieval Battles Major League consists of the best fighters-representatives of the living history movement from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Lithuania and Poland.
In the summer months a new base is being formed. Therefore we suggest forming the National team of your country comprised of at least 8 fighters in order to present your country in general and the best club fighters of your country in particular. We as the organizers of the international project “Battle of the Nations” and the coordinators of world Historical Medieval Battles Major League will be happy to give you any help and support in preparation: to share the experience, to give advice or a consultation, to come personally if needed in order to set connections and support in organization of the National team in your country. Do enter the world rating of the National teams and clubs and join world Historical Medieval Battles Major League! Take part in Major League, show what the National team of your country is worth!

Best regards,

The project “Battle of the Nations” organizers:
international project coordinator Natalia Trubnikova
natsss111@gmail.com
+38 050 2856733
chief project organizer Anton Trubnikov
battleofthenations@gmail.com
+38 096 2330504

The project site: http://battleofthenations.com.ua
Sander Marechal

Reading list: 17 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jun, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
which is regulated by the strict rules and principles of results estimation.

Do you have a link to those rules (in english)? I can't find them at your website. Those videos on your website look... fiece. Reenactment in Eastern Europe seems to have very different standards from Western Europe. I'm curious about what rules and safety guidelines you employ.
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jun, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the rules and restrictions are still only in Russian, you can try translating them automatically - by Google Translator, they're posted in Info for Participants chapter:
http://www.battleofthenations.com.ua/info_par...temID=1263 - battles 1 on 1
http://www.battleofthenations.com.ua/info_par...temID=1172 5 on 5
http://www.battleofthenations.com.ua/info_par...temID=1183 21 on 21
But I promise to translate them some day!
The sport is really fierce (in the good sense), the participants train all over the year in order to show the best! Historical medieval battle is turning from a hobby into a full-fledged occupation... like boxing, football, basketball. The sportsmen sometimes sustain injuries, but have you seen any kind of sport without ones? This is just a good motivation to train more, to improve your skills, to gain priceless fighting experience! So it's only fitting to try yourself in the new elite world sport!
Artis Aboltins

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jun, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hmm, I do wonder why they weights of the weapons qualified for each category is such as they are - for example, swords used for sword and buckler - 1.4 to 2.0 kg in weight and hand and a half swords - 1.8 to 3.0 kg. They seem to be on a heavy side for historical analogues, why is it so?

Another question - considering the allowed/prohibited zones of attack and rules on weapons etc, does this really qualifies as representing "historical medieval battle"? Nothing against this version of the hobby, done my fair share of fighting in this style, albeit with less limitations regarding weights for weapons and stuff, and they are fun in a way, but I never really thought of them as representing a realistic or semi-realistic combat from medieval times. This is a new, different way of close contact sports for sure, but historical... I doubt it.
Werner Stiegler

PostPosted: Wed 09 Jun, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
They seem to be on a heavy side for historical analogues, why is it so?

Eastern European Steel combat standards. They tend to use rather thick, heavy weapons and that sorta creeped into the rules here, I'd guess.
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jun, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Artis, as for the weight of the armour - the guys just use authentic historical analogues; of course, the swords are heavy - just as they were at the Middle Ages.
The reenactors recreate not only arms and armor they use or wear, but also the style of fighting. Certainly, it's more difficult to recreate fighting style than let's say weapons, cloths, armour - the parts of material culture, but still there're some resources to look at and to learn. Besides, the modern style of fighting approximate to the medieval one - it's just natural to act like this in the things you wear and you hold in your hands. The sportsmen preparing for the battles analyse a lot, work out tactics and strategy, but IN the battle they just act like it should be, like they feel, surely, taking into account some restrictions and limitation - no injuries are intended.
Scott Hrouda

Reading list: 87 books

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jun, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Natalia T. wrote:
of course, the swords are heavy - just as they were at the Middle Ages.

I'm very confused by this statement. Could you please expand upon it? What are you using for reference materials?

Thank you in advance,
Scott

...and that, my liege, is how we know the Earth to be banana shaped. - Sir Bedevere
Robert Rootslane

PostPosted: Thu 10 Jun, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Cool. I like the idea. However i dont get the weapon weight rule...For instance 1.8 kg seems way too much for a regular viking age sword..

Edit. Mybad it was for hand and a half swords...
If someone would care to translate the rules to english than we would surely consider coming. As i sayd, the idea is really cool.
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jun, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Robert, I will translate, I will translate, I promise Happy !
Scott, what makes you confused? The swords do have their historical analogues in such a weight category. The sources? A.N.Kirpichnikov (À.Í.Êèðïè÷íèêîâ), professor, archeologist, Doctor of History, the author of more than 460 scientific works is a guru of Eastern reenactment. I wish you knew Russian! There's one more author - Eward Okshott, I guess you could find his works in English.
Artis Aboltins

PostPosted: Fri 11 Jun, 2010 2:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Natalia T. wrote:
Robert, I will translate, I will translate, I promise Happy !
Scott, what makes you confused? The swords do have their historical analogues in such a weight category. The sources? A.N.Kirpichnikov (À.Í.Êèðïè÷íèêîâ), professor, archeologist, Doctor of History, the author of more than 460 scientific works is a guru of Eastern reenactment. I wish you knew Russian! There's one more author - Eward Okshott, I guess you could find his works in English.

Well I read and speak Russian rather well and, of course, have read works of both the authors you menthion, yet, I still find it surprising that you consider that hand and a half sword should weight FROM 1.8 kg upwards to 3 kg. There is no shortage of examples of longswords that weight only a bit over 1300 grams and as for swords intended to be used in one hand, in the whole of Viking age there have been only a single find of a sword that weights over 2 kg and it is still debated if it even was intended for combat or only as funerary gift, 99.9% of finds are way below 1.7 kg in weight, and many weight significantly less than 1.4. kg. What I mean to say is that they weight for weapons in the rules are skewed towards the heavier samples of archaeological finds and exclude replicas of the lighter finds, and I was wondering what is the reason for this. From safety's point of view, heavier weapons are more dangerous than lighter ones, from historical correctness point of view - so many heavy weapons are grossly inaccurate presentation and only confirms the faulted idea that medieval weapons were clumsy and heavy.

p.s. I just did a quick check and none of Albion Swords Maestro line swords would be egliable to the event, they are too light... I am fairly certain thtat majority of other top-of-the-line makers would fare the same...
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Thu 24 Jun, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

We as the organizers are inclined to eradicate gigantomania which lots of combatants tend to. And it’s difficult to eradicate it at once, that’s why we try to do it gradually. As for hand and a half sword – yes, we admit our mistake…actually from (≥)1.3 to 2 kg.
Natalia T.

PostPosted: Thu 15 Jul, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Finally!
By a joint effort James Seabrig (a volunteer who offered me his help) and I have already translated the rules so that you don't have to figure them out from the video. All the more the combatants' action at the first Battle of the Nations didn't always correspond to the rules, there were some violations; in future we'll try to avoid them. *There could be some some elaborations to the Rules.
So, read the rules, consider your strength and will and join the Major League on Historical Medieval Battle!
BATTLE 1 on 1
1. GENERAL REGULATIONS
1.1. There are no weight categories for Battle 1 on 1.
1.2. In the panel of judges there are 4 types, Judges of the list, Chief Judges, timekeeper, and secretary. In case of disagreement, the Chief Judge resolves all conflicts.
1.3. Battles take place on the basis of the group stage. In the case of an odd number of participants in the draw apply an additional "zero" number, meaning the rest fighter in this round fights.
1.4. The battle consists of 3 rounds, each of which passes with miscellaneous weapon:
- 1st round will be with "bastard sword"
- Round 2 will be with "sword-buckler.";
- The third round will be with "sword-shield";
1.5. Characteristics of the weapons for nominations Sword-Shield and Sword-Buckler:
- The sword:
- The length of the blade (from hilt to the tip) - from 60 to 80 cm;
- The length of the handle (including hilt and pommel) - from 12 to 20 cm; ;.
- The center of gravity shall be no closer than 10 cm from the hilt in the direction of the blade.
- Diameter of curvature of the tip of combat - not less than 15 mm for double edged swords and 10 mm for curved or single edged swords.;
- Chopping blade edge should be not less than 2 mm and rounded.
Parameters of bladed weapons: "hand and a half sword":
- The length of the blade (Hilt to the tip) - from 80 to 100 cm;
- The length of the handle (including the Hilt and pommel) from 20 to 35 cm;
- The center of gravity - no closer than 5 cm from the hilt in the direction of the blade.

1.6. "Target area," (when hit in the opponent gets the points) is considered each part of the body except the feet.
1.7. List: platform size 17 x 40 m, with a rigid barrier and a height of 1 m. Around the stadium, at a distance of 1,5 meters, is the safety zone, which may be present only team members, resulting in the battle, their representatives, judges and tournament doctor.
2. RULES OF PARTICIPATION
2.1 The combatant must be equipped in accordance with the rules of safety and historical analogies protective and offensive weapons.
2.2 You must be on a National Team in order to participate, and 18 years old or older.
- All fighters will have passed technical and historical commission before the fighting.
2.3. Each combatant must be attended by 2 assistants (they can be participants of the festival) near the stadium during the fighting. Without them, the combatant is not allowed to compete.
3. PROCEDURE for the bouts
3.1. Duration of the dual will be 1.5 minutes.
3.2. For each good and deliberate strike to his opponents kill zone, 1 point is awarded.
3.3. A strike or blow is counted when the blow was deliberate and not blocked by the opponents shield, or weapon. All points are accumulative during the dual.
3.4. "Technical victory" with a score of 5-0 awarded to one of the fighters in the following cases:
3.4.1. If his opponent refused the fight. If his opponent has not come in time to the list field. If the opponent has not prepared his equipment in time the marshal mentioned.
Not arriving to the list will inure a double warning.
Note: if the soldier has been suspended from further participation in the tournament (due to injury or suspension), then "technical victory" in the match is awarded to his opponent.
3.4.2. If his opponent cannot continue to fight because of "accidental injury". However,
Note: If a fighter cannot continue the bout due to an injury received, resulting from violations of the rules by an opponent, the latter receives a double warning and is removed from participation in the duel. "Technical victory" is awarded to a fighter against whom rights were violated.
3.4.3. Technical victory is awarded if his opponent received two warnings and is removed from the arena.
3.4.4. In the case of protective armor failure: I.e. If a piece of armor,deemed important by the marshals of the list, cannot be fixed or replaced in the allotted time (no more than 1 minute) a technical victory will be awarded to his opponent.

4. Authorized and prohibited techniques during combat.
4.1. "Sword-Shield and Sword-Buckler:
4.1.1. Permitted techniques in combat are:
- Chopping blade strikes on the opponents armored kill zone.
- Blocking the enemy’s strokes with a shield or a blade;
- pushing or shoving the opponent with a shield (his plane) or a shoulder;
- Hitting with the flat of the shield;
- repulsion of a blade, a shield or opponent’s arms or hands with the shield’s flat or the shield’s edge;
- repulsion the opponent’s shield or arms (hands) with your arms (hands);
- hooking with your shield against the opponent’s shield;
- hitting with the shield edge in an armed hand or body (above the waist and below the neck) of the enemy;
- The pressing or pinning of the opponent’s shield with your own shield.
4.1.2. Prohibited techniques of battle are:
- Thrusting with the tip of a bladed weapon.
- Blows to the enemy unauthorized striking areas;
- Blows to fallen opponent or one who rising.
- Blows to an opponent who has lost their weapons;
- Hitting with the edge of the shield below the belt, in the head and neck of the enemy;
- Strikes with your head;
- Kicking or kneeing your opponent;
- Hooking, wrestling throws and grabbing your opponent;
- Punches and elbows strikes;
- Strikes with hilt or pommel of weapon
- Grabbing the body, head and limbs of the enemy, capturing the enemy’s equipment with your hands. (This includes the swords and shield).
4.2. Bastard sword.
4.2.1. Permitted techniques in combat are:
- Chopping blade strikes on the opponents armored kill zone.
- blocking the opponent’s strikes with the blade of sports equipment;
- moving or pushing of the opponents with a blade or hands;
- repulsion of the enemy’s hands with your hands.
4.2.2. Prohibited methods of battle are:
- Thrusting with a blade weapon such as a sword;
- Blows to the enemy’s unauthorized striking area;
- Blows to the fallen enemy or the rising one;
- Blows to the enemy who has lost their weapons;
- Strikes to the head;
- Kicking or kneeing your opponent;
- Hooking, wrestling throws and grabbing your opponent;
- Punches and elbows strikes;
- Strikes with hilt or pommel of weapon
- Grabbing the body, head and limbs of the enemy and capturing the enemy’s equipment with your hands (this includes the swords).
5. PENALTIES.
5.1. Participants will receive a comment in the following cases:
5.1.1. A fighter will receive a warning if he falls as a result of an active legal attack from his opponent and within the count of 10 as counted by the list marshal he can recover and indicate his readiness to continue the duel.
5.1.2 If during the receiving of an active legal attack from his opponent the fighter seems to be unable to continue the fight, the fight is stopped by the marshal who starts counting to 10 but before the count of 10 is expired the fighter can recover and indicate his readiness to continue the duel.
5.1.3 A comment will be assessed if during a combat or in receiving of a legal blow any part of protective equipment breaks or malfunctions which, on marshal’s point of view, doesn’t allow the fighter continuing the duel (in case if this malfunction was eliminated in time defined by the marshal and the battle can be continued). The note: if the fighter’s weapon (a sword, a shield etc.) is broken a comment will not be assessed.
5.2. Introduction of the comments to one of the combatants is accompanied with 3 additional points awarded to his opponent.
5.3. A fighter who has received in the course of a single bout three comment points will be suspended from further participation in combat. His opponent is awarded to "clear victory".
5.4. Comments are not recorded in the Minutes of the tournament and in the Personal cards of the fighters.
5.5. Warnings will be given for the following reasons:
5.5.1. Notice of a Warning may be given to a fighter if the offence is committed by his attending second.
5.5.2. Notice of a Warning will be given to a fighter who loses his weapon.
5.5.3. Notice of a Warning can be issued for passive combat.
Note: Passive warfare is refusing to engage your opponent or failure to take active action against your opponent. (Not less than 20 seconds).
5.5.4. Two warnings (or a double warning) is given to the fighter for refusing to arrive on the list field or arriving to the list unprepared.
5.5.5. Four warnings will immediately be given to the fighter who is under the influence of drugs, alcohol or other intoxicating substance.
5.6. Warnings are recorded by the Registrar of the Tournament in Protocol Tournament and on the personal cards of the fighters.
5.7. A fighter attaining two or more warnings, during a match will be disqualified and a “technical victory" in a duel with the score 5-0 awarded to his opponent.
5.8. A fighter can be removed from the tournament if:
5.8.1. There is a threat to the health of a fighter, or a medical board recognizes his physical condition unacceptable to participate in fighting.
5.8.2. If the fighter accumulates 4 or more warnings during the competition.
5.8.3 If the state of the fighter’s equipment complex does not correspond to technical and historical demands of the Tournament any more and the fighter is unable to repair or replace said equipment.

6. ORDER OF SUBMISSION AND CONSIDERATION OF THE PROTEST
6.1. Decisions made by the referee crew in a race can be challenged if during the fight a violation of rules by the side judges or marshals of the list occurred.
6.2. A fighter who wishes to appeal against the decision of the referee must do so in writing on a standard form given to the Chief Judge of the tournament no later than 10 minutes after the match. The Chief Judge, in turn, must notify the Registrar of the Tournament. The act of submission a protest to meet / not meet must be registered by the Registrar in the Protocol for the Tournament.
6.3 Consideration of protest will be taken up by the Chief Judge of the competition, together with members of the refereeing corps who did not participate in making appeal the judgments. The determination will be based on available video which the operators - members of the Secretariat of the Tournament provide. Consideration of the protest will be made promptly after the registration of said protest by the Secretary of the Tournament.
6.4. Decision granting / denial of protest is made by the Chief Judge of the Tournament. If a protest meets the Chief Judge assigns a re-match. The results of the previous match will be marked invalid. The Protocol Tournament Registrar shall be adjusted accordingly.
6.5. The decisions made by the referee crew during a round in progress, or after re-match can also be challenged, if during the match there was a violation of the rules by the side judges, or list marshals.

BATTLES 5 on 5
1. GENERAL REGULATION
1.1. There are no weight categories for Battle 5 on 5.
1.2. The panel of judges is composed of the Chief Judge(1), Line Judge (8), Field Judge (1), the Timekeeper, Secretary. In case of disagreement, the chief judge holds the critical right to vote.
1.3. Battles take place on the basis of the group stage. If the number of teams in the tournament is more than seven, the groups are formed during the draw. In case of an odd number of teams, an additional "zero" number is applied in the draw, which means that this team has a rest in this round of battles.
1.4. A list is an area of 17 x 40 meters with a rigid enclosure, 1 m high. Around the list, at a distance of 1,5 meters there is a safety zone where only team members currently engaged in a round of battles, their representatives, judges and tournament doctor are allowed to be present.
1.5. Any weapons having historical analogues and admitted by the historical-technical Commission are allowed.

2. TEAM
2.1. Each team participating in the competition shall submit a list of five men and three alternates.
2.2. Every team has the right to use the replacement of only one combatant per day, previously chosen by the team captain.
2.3. Fighters who are injured are automatically prohibited from participating in any battles that day.
Availability of spare fighters is required.
The list of the 5 fighters’ basic composition and one alternate shall be submitted not later than 1.5 hours before the tournament.
2.4. The team may be allowed to participate with no less than four capable fighters.
In the case of presence less than four fighters command is not allowed to fight.
2.5. A combatant must be equipped in accordance with the rules of safety and historical analogues protective and offensive weapons. He is allowed to have no more than two weapons. At the time of the change of weapons he has no right to make attacking actions.
2.6. The team may have a representative who regulates the relations of the team with the judges. The representative may be a fighter.
2.7 You must be on a national team in order to participate, and 18 years old or older.
- All fighters will have passed technical and historical commission before the fighting
3. PROCEDURE FOR BOUTS
3.1. The bout lasts to 2 victories. The teams challenge each other 2 or 3 rounds defining the winner in each round. Each round is 3 minutes long, or until the fall of all the men of one of the teams.
3.2. The fall of an opponent equals:
- When body, the fifth point, or three limbs touch the earth
- Continued attack actions in a battle without a weapon.
- Going beyond the list barrier, in the event of hard fencing arena.
- Breakage or loss of protection of the head (any part), the protection of the neck, as well as significant parts of the armor, without which injury may occur. In this case, the fighter must immediately leave the battlefield.
3.3. In the case of loss of weapons a fighter has the right:
- To use available spare weapons
- To pick up arms from the earth
- To take spare weapons only from the alternate of his team, located in designated locations.
3.4. Winning is determined by falling all opponents or having more men who stand up than opposing team at the end of the time limit allowed.
3.5. If by the end of the specified time, the teams remain equal, extra time or a repeated round will be fought.
4. AUTHORIZED AND PROHIBITED TECHNIQUES.
4.1. Authorized:
- Any strikes with striking surface of the weapon, fist or a shield in all directions,
Except for deliberate blows to the groin, foot, back of the neck, as well as the vertical strokes in the spine and blow to the knee.
- Blocking the opponent’s hand which is attacking and striking an opponent who has lost balance or has begun to fall but not yet on the ground.
- Pushing and kicking, striking with a head, shoulder and body.
- Bumps and knocks with a shield: hooks of a shield, hands and arms of the enemy with a shield and a pommel of arms;
- Shield pressing, hooking, clamps, blocking the attacking opponent’s hand with a rib of a shield;
- Using a free hand in the attack: blows, boosting, reliance on the forearm and wrist. The fighter can beat with a free hand just in case if he holds arms in the second hand.
- Stop and pushing the enemy with a hand in the event of very close distance and in a clinch;
- Pressure on the attacking enemy's arm with your free hand without carpal capture;
- Attack on an opponent who has lost a weapon.
5. PROHIBITED METHODS
- Grips and joint locks;
- Hooking opponent’s helmet.
- The deliberate removal of an opponent’s protective equipment.
- The seizure of the neck from behind
- Deliberately causing injury to an opponent.
- thrusting with the tip of the sword;
- Banned strikes in the body which is unsecured (for whatever reason) with armor;
- Hitting with a shield or a weapon in the groin, foot, neck, back, under the knee;
- Mindless and uncontrolled strikes with weapons (if a fighter injures the other one he shall be removed from the fighting till the injured fighter recovers);
- Attacking a man who has broken individual elements of equipment (protection of the head, neck), or in any other situation, if an attacker can lead to injury.
- Attacks on fallen opponents.
- It is prohibited to be in a clinch for more than 7 seconds. (If you are in a clinch for more than 7 seconds, a line or a field judge can separate the two fighters in the clinch by announcing “stop clinch” and to hang a yellow flag on a rod between the fighters’ helms. After that, the fighters must immediately stop fighting, do quick three steps from each other, and after raising of the yellow flag the fighters may continue.
- No attacks are allowed without a weapon in hand.
6. PENALTIES
6.1. Notice - the sanction imposed on the fighter for a minor breach of the rules, it’s intended to draw the attention of a fighter on his actions. They are not recorded to the Minutes.
6.2. Warning - sanction imposed on the fighter for violating the rules, which is recorded in the Minutes of the competition and affects the rating of the team and a fighter.
6.2.1. Warning is imposed for:
- Violations for all items in case if the fighter did not result in injury of the opponent; (if an injury results, see rule 6.3.1)
- Passive warfare.
6.3. Disqualification - sanctions imposed on a fighter for gross or periodic violation of the rules recorded in the Minutes of the competition, implying his removal from the tournament.
6.3.1. Disqualification of a fighter is imposed if
- Fighter receives three warnings for the day;
- A fighter injures an opponent either by illegal blow or use of illegal technique.
- Disqualification will result if a fighter enters into a dispute with the judges contesting their decision, insult or be disrespectful to the opponents, as well as other parties in the competition.
6.3.2. Disqualification of the team is imposed if
- The team has received more than three warnings during the day;
- The team accumulated 5 or more warnings for the tournament;
- The team has less than four members;
- The team enters into a dispute with the judges contesting their decision, insults or is disrespectful to the opponents, as well as other parties in the competition.
7. IMPOSITION OF PROTEST
7.1. In case of disagreement with the decision of the judges, a representative of the team may make a protest.
7.2. The applicant shall, not later than 5 minutes after the end of the battle inform verbally the secretariat of the list, requesting to file a protest. In writing, the complaint must be filed no later than 15 minutes after the battle.
7.3. The appeal shall be considered and decided by the supreme appellate marshal, by analyzing the video and polling the judges.
7.4. In the case of a positive consideration of the protest another battle between these teams is appointed. The decision of the Marshal is not appealable.
7.5. Consideration of protest occurs within 12 hours of submission.

BATTLE 21 ON 21
1. GENERAL REGULATIONS
1.1. There are no weight categories for Battle 1 on 1.
1.2. In the panel of judges composed of the Chief Justice (1), line judge (8), field judge (1) timekeeper, secretary. In case of disagreement, the chief judge has critical right to vote.
1.3. tournament is in round robin.
1.4. A list is an area of 17 x 40 meters with a rigid enclosure, 1 m high. Around the list, at a distance of 1,5 meters there is a safety zone where only team members currently engaged in a round of battles, their representatives, judges and tournament doctor are allowed to be present.
1.5. Any weapons having historical analogues and admitted by the historical-technical Commission are allowed.

All the battles of the National Teams are conducted in three types of tactical tasks:
- "Battle in an Open Field” (generally accepted rules of historical medieval battles);
- "Battle between the carts”
Objective: you want to rotate the lever through 360 °, located at a distance of 10-15 meters from the train in the enemy territory, This is to simulate the opening of the locks to open the bridge.
The wagons perform the function of strengthening the barricades, attacking actions can be performed only in corridor between the carts as designated at the start of the battle or by climbing over or under them and turning them upside-down .
Attacking, or defending between the edge of "the wall of baggage trains” and the arena. These areas will be conditionally closed.
- "Battle for the banner”
Objective: To deliver the banner of the enemy at its reference point. The banner can be permanently installed at the control point, or kept by the individual soldier (-bearer) on a thin (1.5cm) wooden stick, not less than 2m long. The standard bearer has the right to attack and to defense as any other fighter .The banner can be passed from one soldier to another.
Do not hide the banner, do not put it on the ground. Violators will be given a warning.
2. Team
2.1. Each team participating in the competition, for each day submits a list of the 21 fighters and 7 in reserve, indicating the name of each participant.
Each day the team can submit a different list of fighters.
Availability of spare fighters are required.
The list shall be submitted not later than 1.5 hours before the tournament.
2.2. Each team in the day is entitled to seven replacements.
2.3. In the case of less than 21 fighters the team is not allowed to participate
2.4. A fighter must be equipped in accordance with the rules of safety and historical analogues of protective and offensive weapons. Fighters are allowed to have no more than two weapons. At the time of the change of weapons, he can not make an attacking.
2.5. The team may have a representative who regulates the relations of the team with the judges. The representative may be a fighter.
2.6. You must be on a National Team in order to participate, and 18 years old or older.
- All fighters will have to pass technical and historical commission before the fighting.
3. PROCEDURE bouts
3.1. The battle lasts until the tactical achievement of the task, or 10min or shorter if all opponents on one side fall.
3.2. The following equals to the fall:
- Touching the earth with a body, the fifth point, or three limbs.
- Continued fighting without weapons.
- Going beyond the arena with both feet.
- Breakage or loss of protection of the head (any part), the protection of the neck, as well as significant parts of the armor, without which an injury may occur. In this case, the fighter must leave the battlefield immediately.
3.3. In case of loss of weapons a fighter has the right:
- To use available spare weapons
- To take up arms from the earth,
- Take spare weapons only on their reserve team, located in designated locations.
3.4. The team that performs a tactical mission first is the winning one.
3.5. If by the end of this time, all the teams have failed to meet the tactical task, the extra time or another battle is appointed.
4. AUTHORIZED AND PROHIBITED TECHNIQUES.
4.1. Authorized:
- Any strikes with striking surface of the weapon, fist or a shield in all directions,
Except for deliberate blows to the groin, foot, back of the neck, as well as the vertical strokes in the spine and blow to the knee.
- Blocking the opponent’s hand which is attacking and striking an opponent who has lost balance or has begun to fall but not yet on the ground.
- Pushing and kicking, striking with a head, shoulder and body.
- Bumps and knocks with a shield: hooks of a shield, hands and arms of the enemy with a shield and a pommel of arms;
- Shield pressing, hooking, clamps, blocking the attacking opponent’s hand with a rib of a shield;
- Using a free hand in the attack: blows, boosting, reliance on the forearm and wrist. The fighter can beat with a free hand just in case if he holds arms in the second hand.
- Stop and pushing the enemy with a hand in the event of very close distance and in a clinch;
- Pressure on the attacking enemy's arm with your free hand without carpal capture;
- Attack on an opponent who has lost a weapon.
5. PROHIBITED METHODS
- Grips and joint locks;
- Hooking opponent’s helmet.
- The deliberate removal of an opponent’s protective equipment.
- The seizure of the neck from behind
- Deliberately causing injury to an opponent.
- thrusting with the tip of the sword;
- Banned strikes in the body which is unsecured (for whatever reason) with armor;
- Hitting with a shield or a weapon in the groin, foot, neck, back, under the knee;
- Mindless and uncontrolled strikes with weapons (if a fighter injures the other one he shall be removed from the fighting till the injured fighter recovers);
- Attacking a man who has broken individual elements of equipment (protection of the head, neck), or in any other situation, if an attacker can lead to injury.
- Attacks on fallen opponents.
- It is prohibited to be in a clinch for more than 7 seconds. (If you are in a clinch for more than 7 seconds, a line or a field judge can separate the two fighters in the clinch by announcing “stop clinch” and to hang a yellow flag on a rod between the fighters’ helms. After that, the fighters must immediately stop fighting, do quick three steps from each other, and after raising of the yellow flag the fighters may continue.
- No attacks are allowed without a weapon in hand.
6. PENALTIES
6.1. Notice - the sanction imposed on the fighter for a minor breach of the rules, it’s intended to draw the attention of a fighter on his actions. They are not recorded to the Minutes.
6.2. Warning - sanction imposed on the fighter for violating the rules, which is recorded in the Minutes of the competition and affects the rating of the team and a fighter.
6.2.1. Warning is imposed for:
- Violations for all items in case if the fighter did not result in injury of the opponent; (if an injury results, see rule 6.3.1)
- Passive warfare.
6.3. Disqualification - sanctions imposed on a fighter for gross or periodic violation of the rules recorded in the Minutes of the competition, implying his removal from the tournament.
6.3.1. Disqualification of a fighter is imposed if
- Fighter receives three warnings for the day;
- A fighter injures an opponent either by illegal blow or use of illegal technique.
- Disqualification will result if a fighter enters into a dispute with the judges contesting their decision, insult or be disrespectful to the opponents, as well as other parties in the competition.
6.3.2. Disqualification of the team is imposed if
- The team has received more than three warnings during the day;
- The team accumulated 5 or more warnings for the tournament;
- The team has less than four members;
- The team enters into a dispute with the judges contesting their decision, insults or is disrespectful to the opponents, as well as other parties in the competition.
7. IMPOSITION OF PROTEST
7.1. In case of disagreement with the decision of the judges, a representative of the team may make a protest.
7.2. The applicant shall, not later than 5 minutes after the end of the battle inform verbally the secretariat of the list, requesting to file a protest. In writing, the complaint must be filed no later than 15 minutes after the battle.
7.3. The appeal shall be considered and decided by the supreme appellate marshal, by analyzing the video and polling the judges.
7.4. In the case of a positive consideration of the protest another battle between these teams is appointed. The decision of the Marshal is not appealable.
7.5. Consideration of protest occurs within 12 hours of submission.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > world Historical Medieval Battles Major League
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic