Albion Brescia Spadona: Custom Handmade Scabbard 5-24-10
Hello myArmoury community,

I'd like to share a personal project that has been in the works for a while now, and I just finished it up. I didn't make a belt for it, only the straps on the scabbard itself, ready to mate with a belt.

Comments welcome, and thanks for looking!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Wow, that looks great. I like the asymmetry in the chape and how it blends well with the tooling.
Well done! Another one in a long line of beautiful scabbards.

May i ask if there's an opportunity that you might add a Talhoffer to your inventory, for swordless scabbard orders?
The Talhoffer is a popular sword within the community, and i'd be very interested in such an order for myself.

Greetings,
Max
Wonderfull work, as always! Interesting touch with non-symetrical scabbard chape, it really adds to the character of the scabbard.
I like the chape asymmetry as far as the design goes but was this seen in period scabbards?
I don't care, I want one on my scabbard! :D
I feel remiss in not replying to this earlier. All I have to say is that you have come up with another great one Brian. I also have to agree that the asymmetrical chape really goes well with the tooling.

Scott
Ed S. wrote:
Wow, that looks great. I like the asymmetry in the chape and how it blends well with the tooling.

Thanks Ed

Max W. wrote:
Well done! Another one in a long line of beautiful scabbards.

May i ask if there's an opportunity that you might add a Talhoffer to your inventory, for swordless scabbard orders?
The Talhoffer is a popular sword within the community, and i'd be very interested in such an order for myself.

Greetings,
Max

Thanks Max.

I'm not likely to add a Talhoffer to my collection, though donations are gladly accepted ;)

Artis Aboltins wrote:
Wonderfull work, as always! Interesting touch with non-symetrical scabbard chape, it really adds to the character of the scabbard.

Thank you Artis.

Scott Kowalski wrote:
I feel remiss in not replying to this earlier. All I have to say is that you have come up with another great one Brian. I also have to agree that the asymmetrical chape really goes well with the tooling.

Scott

Thank you Scott.

Thanks for the support everyone.
Quote:
I'm not likely to add a Talhoffer to my collection, though donations are gladly accepted

D'oh!

I was tossing around with the idea of jumping onto your waiting list for a scabbard for my tally.

Oh well. :0)

Last edited by Taylor Ellis on Fri 28 May, 2010 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Looks very good. I really like. A good job, My compliments :)

Just a question to fill my ignorance in Europe in 1400, the floral textures were fashionable?
Perhaps more Mediterranean-area or Eastern? I do not know.
I'm local to Brian and have an Albion Talhoffer he may borrow any time to build a scabbard from.
Brian, you inspire! Seriously. I look and I learn and I love every one of these scabbards you unveil.

Mui Exellante!

Murphy :cool:
Keith L. Rogers wrote:
I'm local to Brian and have an Albion Talhoffer he may borrow any time to build a scabbard from.

Hello Keith, this is great news! Thanks for chiming in.
I'll take this opportunity as soon as my current project is finished, maybe still within this year.
It might be a custom-custom job with lambskin inside...now ive got something to think about in quiet moments :)

Greetings,
Max
Glad to help, Max. I plan to keep the Talhoffer, so there is no time limit for when Brian could make a scabbard from it. Best wishes,

Keith

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: