Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Pics from Ohio Albion Round Table party Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Mon 09 Aug, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey Chad!

Been going to Columbus ARMA training and I think they would be interested in attending if you do another one of these. Seems like there may have been some uncertainty regarding the collector community accounting for lack of participation last time. The NG stuff is also on the high side of price for people not collecting (yet).The study group is a fairly young and small one at this point, but they are a good group of people.

I learned a neat move from the low ward last night. Learning the names for the move is another thing entirely! Eek! My big challenges (right now) are that I still try to fight the sword instead of working with it AND I'm too linear in my attacks. But I did get to do some binding and wrestling during sparring (amzing how fast things can come to that).

Good stuff.

Anyway, once everyone realized Albion was introducing the squire line targeted to WMA and that other ARMA people showed, the interest level shot up quite a bit.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd

Last edited by Joe Fults on Mon 09 Aug, 2004 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 09 Aug, 2004 11:45 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
Hey Chad!

Been going to Columbus ARMA training and I think they would be interested in attending if you do another one of these. Seems like there may have been some uncertainty regarding the collector community accounting for lack of participation last time. The NG stuff is also on the high side of price for people not collecting (yet).The study group is a fairly young and small at this point, but they are a good group of people.

I learned a neat move from the low ward last night, learning the names for the move is another thing entirely! Eek! Other than that my other big challenges are that I still try to fight the sword instead of working with it AND I'm to linear in my attacks. But I did get to do some binding and wrestling during sparring (amzing how fast things can come to that).

Good stuff.

Anyway, once everyone realized Albion was introducing the squire line targeted to WMA and that other ARMA people showed, the interest level shot up quite a bit.

Joe,
That's great news. Thanks so much. I may not do another one until the Spring. I have a lot going on in the next few months. Thanks again.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Thu 12 Aug, 2004 5:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:

That's great news. Thanks so much. I may not do another one until the Spring. I have a lot going on in the next few months. Thanks again.

I had also been thinking about hosting one of these (Gatherings, at least, if not Gathering/Albion soire) for a long time as well. We do now have a house and a small but fairly secluded back yard.

The only wrench in the works is the new baby. The wife and I were talking and trying to see how one migth work around that....I might be able to host a Gathering before spring, though.

Will keep all the core Ohio folks posted, if there is interest.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Thu 12 Aug, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Bell wrote:
I had also been thinking about hosting one of these (Gatherings, at least, if not Gathering/Albion soire) for a long time as well. We do now have a house and a small but fairly secluded back yard.

The only wrench in the works is the new baby. The wife and I were talking and trying to see how one migth work around that....I might be able to host a Gathering before spring, though.

Will keep all the core Ohio folks posted, if there is interest.

I'm always up for hanging out, though the 15 minute drive is a killer. Happy

Happy

ChadA

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 12 Aug, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Of the regulars, Mark is the guy with the monster drive.

I'd love to do something again while the weather is still nice enough to be outside. I had a hoot doing all that cutting, it was a great event. Besides I also enjoy getting out of town for a day away from the family doing this stuff.

Need to get off my duff and build myself a cutting stand and get some more noodles though. Worried

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Mon 16 Aug, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan,

Did you figure out that you can always pack the wife and baby off to the in-laws yet?

Worked well enough for me all those years ago!! Big Grin

Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Fri 20 Aug, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
Nathan,

Did you figure out that you can always pack the wife and baby off to the in-laws yet?

Worked well enough for me all those years ago!! Big Grin

That was the nefarious plan I had in the back of my mind. However we have had a few nights of up all night with crying baby. I found it to be not too wise to broach the subject to my long-suffering wife, not just yet----the couch isn't all that comfortable! Wink

Still also sorta checking on the "Albionware party" aspect of it, too.

I'll post when I know something a little more, on this thread
Alex McCracken

PostPosted: Fri 20 Aug, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I'd love to get out to another event, but we're beyond broke for
at least the next month, with both cars on the fritz. Maybe something
a little later in the year, but I definately miss our little get-togethers.

Nate. The couch stinks-- you're wise to avoid it. Happy

Alex

Pray, n:. To ask that the laws of the universe be
annulled in behalf of a single petitioner
confessedly unworthy.

Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Fri 20 Aug, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Won't take that long beforethe kid gets into a routine.

Things get much easier then. For a while at least.

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 22 Aug, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad, Nathan;

If you two can't put something together, perhaps we can come up with a way to do something in Central Ohio, assuming you guys could escape other commitments for a day.

I could always ask my wife if we could do an Albionware party here in September or October.

Not sure what she would say, but I could ask.

Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Sun 22 Aug, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Looking for dates, etc...         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
Chad, Nathan;

If you two can't put something together, perhaps we can come up with a way to do something in Central Ohio, assuming you guys could escape other commitments for a day.

I could always ask my wife if we could do an Albionware party here in September or October.

Weeeell, the Gathering idea is a go, for my house and little backyard. The Boss gave it the stamp of approval, for maybe somewhere late Septmeber, early October.

I have not yet checked with anybody at Albion as to the Albionware aspect, but what do people think for the Gathering in general, with Albionware party potential?

Soliciting dates....

Oh, for everyone reading and considering, I live in Cincinnati, OH.
Michael P Smith

Reading list: 2 books

PostPosted: Sun 22 Aug, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for dates, etc...         Reply with quote

Nathan Bell wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:
Chad, Nathan;

Weeeell, the Gathering idea is a go, for my house and little backyard. The Boss gave it the stamp of approval, for maybe somewhere late Septmeber, early October.

I have not yet checked with anybody at Albion as to the Albionware aspect, but what do people think for the Gathering in general, with Albionware party potential?

Soliciting dates....

Isn't the Ohio Renn Faire in your neck of the woods? You could make it a two day event! Happy

I just moved to Muncie, IN, so you're within driving distance for me...

Mike
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sun 22 Aug, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for dates, etc...         Reply with quote

Nathan Bell wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:
Chad, Nathan;

Soliciting dates....

All I can say is Woo Hoo!!!

I should be good about any old day except Labor Day weekend and where Halloween ends up falling around here. Saturdays are a bit better to allow traveling recovery on the body but otherwise I should be pretty flexible. i really liked the Albionware aspect and it would be especially cool if we could get some different stuff from them for this one.

Do we want pool noodles again? If we do I'll have to see how many I can find assuming they are still in stores.

Also, if Alex hits this thread, any chance we can lure you down?

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sun 22 Aug, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for dates, etc...         Reply with quote

Nathan Bell wrote:

Soliciting dates....

Any weekend besides the first weekend of October should work for me.

Happy

ChadA

Nathan Bell

PostPosted: Mon 23 Aug, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well folks, start looking for pool noodles and saving empty milk jugs and 2-liters.

I shot an e-mail to Mike at Albion to see about the Albionware aspect. I'm not sure if they will want to sponsor one int he same area, so soon. I would be glad if they did, but it's their program, so I don't know if another Cincy gathering would match the desired results???

I will likely post a new separate thread to solicit dates and post news, later tonight.

Nate
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Mon 23 Aug, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Bell wrote:
Well folks, start looking for pool noodles and saving empty milk jugs and 2-liters.

I shot an e-mail to Mike at Albion to see about the Albionware aspect. I'm not sure if they will want to sponsor one int he same area, so soon. I would be glad if they did, but it's their program, so I don't know if another Cincy gathering would match the desired results???

I will likely post a new separate thread to solicit dates and post news, later tonight.

Nate

Guess if they decide not to I won't have to worry about the temptation to buy something else so soon.

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 24 Sep, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hey folks,
As a teaser for Nate's party tomorrow, I uploaded all the pics I took at my party to my photo album in the Albums section (direct link: http://www.myArmoury.com/albums/index.php?cat=10011 ).

Happy

Happy

ChadA

Ben Sweet

PostPosted: Sat 25 Sep, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Most of the swords at the event.

Thanks Chad for this picture where I can see the difference of the swords next to eachother along with the other pictures you took time to take and post
B

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Pics from Ohio Albion Round Table party
Page 3 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: