Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Pics from Ohio Albion Round Table party Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next 
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 02 Aug, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Michael Sigman wrote:
Thanks for the feedback and the information. It is wonderful to hear things that need to be improved as well as things that went right. This is a brand new idea that we came up with and only the second party. We will work on some of this for the next ones. Big Grin

I wish I could have been there. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. The swords that was at this party - were the only ones that we could part with. This is not a "set" kit. There will be different swords if/when Chad holds another one. Big Grin

Again - thanks for the information guys. This helps out a lot. Keep it coming!!

I'm looking forward to doing another one. And, Mike, you're welcome to come down and hang out for the next party. Happy

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Mon 02 Aug, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Michael Sigman wrote:
Thanks for the feedback and the information. It is wonderful to hear things that need to be improved as well as things that went right. This is a brand new idea that we came up with and only the second party. We will work on some of this for the next ones. Big Grin

I wish I could have been there. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. The swords that was at this party - were the only ones that we could part with. This is not a "set" kit. There will be different swords if/when Chad holds another one. Big Grin

Again - thanks for the information guys. This helps out a lot. Keep it coming!!

I'm looking forward to doing another one. And, Mike, you're welcome to come down and hang out for the next party. Happy

This year?

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Mon 02 Aug, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
This year?

If there's enough interest, and my schedule allows, I may do one this fall before it gets cold again. We'll see.

Happy

ChadA

Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 03 Aug, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:
This year?

If there's enough interest, and my schedule allows, I may do one this fall before it gets cold again. We'll see.

I'll have to find more noodles. Eek!

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
David Quivey

Reading list: 21 books

PostPosted: Tue 03 Aug, 2004 3:25 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Good grief... that was a lot of pool noodles! Eek! Man, I wonder what it would take to talk Nathan into hosting something here in Northern Cali... Idea
Joel Chesser

PostPosted: Tue 03 Aug, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Actually i was thinking about talking my parents into doing something of this nature here at home In Tulsa, i see alot of things happening of the east and west coasts but not alot here in the south west. Im thinging, if i get permission, of doing it during the Scottish games here, sometime in November. I wasn't sure if there was any intrest though.
..." The person who dosen't have a sword should sell his coat and buy one."

- Luke 22:36
Patrick Kelly

Reading list: 42 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue 03 Aug, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've often thought of hosting an event here. Unfortunately, since I live at the arse end of nowhere it would be too much travelling time for people. I just don't think I could get a big enough turn out for it to be worthwhile. Lord knows there's no one else in the immediate area with an interest in the subject Sad
"In valor there is hope.".................. Tacitus
Joel Chesser

PostPosted: Tue 03 Aug, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
I've often thought of hosting an event here. Unfortunately, since I live at the arse end of nowhere it would be too much travelling time for people. I just don't think I could get a big enough turn out for it to be worthwhile. Lord knows there's no one else in the immediate area with an interest in the subject Sad

Yeah, I know what ya mean. My thought though is that there are several people in texas, big state I know, and at least one other person in Oklahoma, and then you if you wished to come. I have several friends with intrests in swords, none of them have any personally, but they would still love to come and learn.

..." The person who dosen't have a sword should sell his coat and buy one."

- Luke 22:36
Patrick Kelly

PostPosted: Tue 03 Aug, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joel Chesser wrote:
Patrick Kelly wrote:

Yeah, I know what ya mean. My thought though is that there are several people in texas, big state I know, and at least one other person in Oklahoma, and then you if you wished to come. I have several friends with intrests in swords, none of them have any personally, but they would still love to come and learn.

That's an interesting idea. If we could schedule it on one of my weekends off I could probably make it.

Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 03 Aug, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You might be suprised how far people would drive. Six guys came from Terre Haute, not quite 200 miles away. Mark came from over 200 miles away. Another guy drove at least three hours as well.

To steal from Kevin Costner: If you schedule it, they will come...... Happy

Happy

ChadA

Tom Carr

PostPosted: Tue 03 Aug, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Have one within a couple of hundred miles of me and I'll be there. As it is I have hosted 2 moderate sized meets at my place around Dallas and plan to have another this fall. My last meet had 7 people and 32 swords. No Albion swords, but maybe next time someone will have scored one. I plan to win that Clontarf for my birthday. Wink
Alex McCracken

PostPosted: Wed 04 Aug, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Sorry I missed this event, but it's been a tough time at Caistle McCracken lately, moneywise, but hopefully
times'll get better. Either that or I'll be selling plasma and taking on another part-time job. Thanks for missing
me, too. I missed you guys as well (and Scarecrow most of all Happy) Great pics everyone, and definately looks like
a great time.

Alex

Pray, n:. To ask that the laws of the universe be
annulled in behalf of a single petitioner
confessedly unworthy.

Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 04 Aug, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
Great event, but the pool noodles really ended up setting it apart.

Observations...

1. Need ability to order while at the party as already mentioned or at least good "how to" instructions for the next day.

2. Also really need a catalog that shows the swords in the linup so people have something to carry away from the event if sales are the goal, look at the next day, and decide they really need to have something. Right now the format is fun but lacks something sticky (in sales lingo).

3. Need to get another sample set of swords that can go out (essentially Group A and Group B) that are different. This would give everyone a really good reason to do another one of these events a few months later.

4. Event calendar link needs put up on Albions webpage so people can find out where and when these things are being hosted. Information provided should probably include some rules/expectations for people wanting to come. Also a good place to archive pictures of prior events to help generate interest in future events.

Overall a great day. Albion may be onto something with this idea. Some rough edges need smoothed out, but it was well worth the drive.

Hey Joe!

Thanks for the great suggestions!

We do have a draft catalog that we will be making copies of and sending out to Chad and the other attendees next week. We won't be full-scale printing these (the product line is such a moving target and will be almost twice the size by late Fall), but we will be able to provide this "interim" and easily revisable catalog, complete with order form, for the time being.

Just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate the feedback and ideas!

And I'd like to publicly thank Chad for hosting such a great event -- wish we could have been there!

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 04 Aug, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Howard Waddell wrote:
Hey Joe!

Thanks for the great suggestions!

We do have a draft catalog that we will be making copies of and sending out to Chad and the other attendees next week. We won't be full-scale printing these (the product line is such a moving target and will be almost twice the size by late Fall), but we will be able to provide this "interim" and easily revisable catalog, complete with order form, for the time being.

Just wanted to let you know how much we appreciate the feedback and ideas!

And I'd like to publicly thank Chad for hosting such a great event -- wish we could have been there!

Best,

Howy

Howy,
Thanks for letting me host the party. It was a blast. I can't wait till the next one.

You guys are welcome to make the drive down. Happy I'll buy you a beer.

Happy

ChadA

M. Taylor

PostPosted: Wed 04 Aug, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Chad Arnow wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:
This year?

If I can bum a ride with someone from the greater Cleveland area, I'll come! I'll pay for gas and noodles. I'd be great to meet you all.

"Only people not able to grow tall from their own efforts and achievements seek to subdue their fellow man."
"Only people not being able to find comfort in their own mind seek to silence others. " - Per Bylund
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Thu 05 Aug, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

M. Taylor wrote:
Chad Arnow wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:
This year?

If I can bum a ride with someone from the greater Cleveland area, I'll come! I'll pay for gas and noodles. I'd be great to meet you all.

Mark Weldon typically comes from up that direction.

If there is another one posted, you might want to try contacting him.

Mark Weldon

PostPosted: Thu 05 Aug, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

M. Taylor,

If my schedule permits me to make the next one, you can ride down with me. I'm in Massillon, about an hour south of Cleveland. We're always glad to see new faces.

I'm also open to doing one in this area. I tried to set up a gathering last year but couldn't get the response. From here it's easy for western Pa. folk to make it.

Mark
M. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu 05 Aug, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mark Weldon wrote:
M. Taylor,

If my schedule permits me to make the next one, you can ride down with me. I'm in Massillon, about an hour south of Cleveland. We're always glad to see new faces.

I'm also open to doing one in this area. I tried to set up a gathering last year but couldn't get the response. From here it's easy for western Pa. folk to make it.

Mark

Well, from one Mark to another, thank you. Your kind offer is greatly appreciated!

"Only people not able to grow tall from their own efforts and achievements seek to subdue their fellow man."
"Only people not being able to find comfort in their own mind seek to silence others. " - Per Bylund
Jim Lindsey

PostPosted: Sat 07 Aug, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:

Hey, Patrick ... I'm not sure when it will be (probably still quite a while yet), but I'll be hosting the Texas Round Table event as soon as it's possible to do so. If you should ever get a wild hair to do some traveling to Texas, you're more than welcome to come when I do my hosting of it. And, along with having a downright good time, your knowledge and expertise with swords would also be a most welcome addition to my Round Table event.

Again, I'm not sure how soon or how far away it'll be yet (still have some things to work on and details to work out first), but when I do host it, consider yourself as having an open invitation to come if you'd like (as well as anyone else who might like to attend). Happy

"And so it shall be that in the days of peace, one sword shall keep another in its scabbard."

Have a great day ! Best Regards,
Jim
Patrick Kelly

PostPosted: Sat 07 Aug, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Jim!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Pics from Ohio Albion Round Table party
Page 2 of 3 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic