Another Celtic dagger WIP
I have been working on this piece for a little while now. I've reached the initial fitting stage for the main components and am presently working the campanulate guard and the peening plate. Following that is the scabbard in which i'm going to do my first metal skinned scabbard as per typical La Tene weapons.

Attachment: 35.75 KB
La Tene 001.1.JPG

Re: Another Celtic dagger WIP
B. Stark wrote:
I have been working on this piece for a little while now. I've reached the initial fitting stage for the main components and am presently working the campanulate guard and the peening plate. Following that is the scabbard in which i'm going to do my first metal skinned scabbard as per typical La Tene weapons.
Looks awesome! I really liked the last one you did, but I like the curves in this pommel better.
VERY cool! I'm doing one myself this week. I didn't forge the blade, but, I did the wood hilt and grip.

[ Linked Image ]

The grip is temporary. I made it for another project, but, it gave me the look I was going for with the contrasting wood colors.

Murph :cool:
Thanks for the feedback. Looking good with the project Murph.
Another pic with the campanulate guard fitted:

Attachment: 53.62 KB
La Tene 002.2.JPG

A pic before the final peening of the hilt...

Attachment: 53.2 KB
La Tene 3.1.JPG

So more pics of this project...this is the second scabbard core that i have made for this dagger. The first split and went into the burn pile.

Attachment: 63.16 KB
LA TENE Scabb.JPG

Attachment: 68.25 KB
LA TENE HILT 1.JPG

Attachment: 69.73 KB
LA TENE FULL.JPG

Nice work. I have always been a fan of these.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: