Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > My Mom died today 25th may 2010 ! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue 15 Jun, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Manouchehr M. wrote:
Dear Jean,

My friend. My condolences to you. I am so sorry to see this thread just now. I have been so busy. Sorry my friend and all the best for you. I wish you all the strength.

Kind regards
Manouchehr

Thank you, very much appreciate and I seem to be " adapting " to the new situation fairly well: Life goes on and my Mom would be relieved that I'm not in too much pain, she always worried more about me than for herself but that what a good mother does, I do miss her a great deal.

It being a bit over 3 weeks helps as well as having good and close friends here in Montreal and many friends on this site.

Well the saying that " what doesn't kill you makes you stronger " has a lot of truth in it even if the road to getting stronger can be painful when in the middle of the hard parts.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Nicholas Rettig

PostPosted: Tue 15 Jun, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I wish to express my condolences, though words at this point probably count as much as straw I hope you know that another complete stranger wishes you only the best and hope you find some modicum of comfort from this forum. She spent ninety years on this planet with the rest of the world and many with you cherish that. And though I wouldn't dare to say I understand what another person is going through I went through the death of a parent at a young age and can say that the best thing that you can do right now is just be with other people.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jun, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nicholas Rettig wrote:
I wish to express my condolences, though words at this point probably count as much as straw I hope you know that another complete stranger wishes you only the best and hope you find some modicum of comfort from this forum..

Appreciated and kindness is kindness whether from a long time friend or a complete stranger. Happy Cool

As in my previous post time passing does take the edge off a bit as one forms new habits and gets on with life as one should.

Keith L. Rogers

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jun, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean, I wasn't sure if I'd write in this thread or not as it's too personally hot of a topic at times. But, I shall. My mother died just a few weeks before yours on 30 April, her 76th birthday. My wife of 22 years died in '07 at 48. My father died in '95 at 60. Two of the cases were cancer, one was a rare central nervous system disintegration. In all cases I was the primary care giver and holding their hands with their last breath.

I know all too well what you're going through. My deepest condolences to you, strangers though we are. I'm glad your mother lived a full life to such an advanced age. My loved ones have not. Best wishes.

-Keith
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 16 Jun, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Keith L. Rogers wrote:
Jean, I wasn't sure if I'd write in this thread or not as it's too personally hot of a topic at times. But, I shall. My mother died just a few weeks before yours on 30 April, her 76th birthday. My wife of 22 years died in '07 at 48. My father died in '95 at 60. Two of the cases were cancer, one was a rare central nervous system disintegration. In all cases I was the primary care giver and holding their hands with their last breath.

I know all too well what you're going through. My deepest condolences to you, strangers though we are. I'm glad your mother lived a full life to such an advanced age. My loved ones have not. Best wishes.

-Keith

My condolences in return, it does seem very hard when one has to go through this more than once as it's more than hard enough doing it once.

The hardest part for me was that both my dad and Mom where very hard to communicate with or understand in the last weeks of their lives which I think make it more difficult to know how they where feeling and to try to give them some comfort when talking with them ! My Dad ( 1996) had a brain tumour that affected his capability to understand words or communicate his thoughts or feelings.

My Mom has some Delirium in the last few weeks ( completely rational before this period ) and her voice got very hoarse so that it was very frustrating and disturbing to not be able to understand what she was saying: This meant often nodding as if I had understood or letting her know that I wasn't understanding her which was a problem because repeating herself would tire her out and make me feel really bad about it.

Luckily with both my parents there seemed to be little physical pain involved but the communication barrier was very distressing.

Keith, you seem to have had some of the same problems so I guess we can sort of understand each other ! That it's over is sort of a relief but we still miss them. I appreciate your posting as it must have been hard to do.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > My Mom died today 25th may 2010 !
Page 5 of 5 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: