GDFB Hounskull
Hello there

I recently sent in for a used GDFB hounskull in large can anyone tell me thier hands on thoughts of it ?
I have a 23 inch skull and was wondering if padding may be a issue?
But yes the more info the better. Im good with a hammer and tinkering it shouldnt be a problem
Thanks
Christopher
I have had one for a little while now, not had a lot of time to train in it, but i love this helm it look great its built great and the visor line up, the vision is not as limited as some others i have tried out, but the large is a much better choice on the inside there is at least alot more room to breath, i do suggest adding an aventail and padding it out because if you dint it will move about alot and thats just not good for fighting in

but good purchase, welcome to the club !
Some comments on this very subject were made in this thread a while ago. You may find them helpful.

I'm off to work and will add more later.

Cheers!
Hey!
I'm just curious, are you talking about their budget one or their more expensive one... I think they have two.
I was possibly going to get the cheaper of the two... just because. And I was wanting to see if anyone has anything to say on it, thanks!
Jojo Zerach wrote:
I was possibly going to get the cheaper of the two

I would not recommend purchasing the cheaper of the two models, unless you just want to put it on the mantle as a decoration!

If your plan is to wear it for any reason (WMA, SCA, fair, reenactment, etc.) then purchase the more expensive model (AB0424).
Oh yes it was the more spendy one
Yeah, it'd be mostly for decoration, I think it'd kind of match my Effigy sword. I'd probably wear it a little in my room sometimes ;), though I wouldn't actually use it. I think the more expensive one looks a bit better, though I'm on a budget. I might try adding an aventail to it if I get it.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: