Albion Vigil: Custom Handmade Scabbard 5-15-10
Hello myArmoury community!

Yep, another one to show here on the forum! This one was a 'open' project, left for me to design and fulfill. These are some of the highlights for a background story I was given to fulfill for this one:

- Made in the last quarter of the 13th century in Ireland before the knight went to Outremer on crusade. Say roughly 1283 for the heck of it.
- The original owner was a Norman knight whose family was among the first to settle in Ireland. Over time the knight’s family married Irish nobility and thus has some Celtic ties.

A little history of the user if that will help you picture something as well for this sword. The sword and scabbard is originally the current user’s father who was a Norman knight from Ireland who died while on crusade in the Holy Land in 1285. Say 2 years old. It is definitely a campaign worn yet well maintained scabbard and belt so it would reflect that. Color for the whole rig is up in the air at this point. I would like the color or colors to be complimentary to the grip of the sword.

Feel free to comment and thanks for looking!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Bravo Brian! Yet another great looking project. I cannot wait until my turn in line comes up! ;) Wait a minute, that looks like my Vigil. The back story seems familiar as well. All joking aside, it is mine and I cannot wait to receive it from Brian. It was truly a pleasure to work with him and it is truly amazing how quick his turn around time is from the time he received my sword to the time he finished the scabbard and belt. It is really impressive when you take into account the fact that Brian does this as a second job.

If anyone is thinking of having Brian make a scabbard for their sword I highly recommend it. I would just do it now as his wait time has doubled since I got on the wait list to have him make this for me. I know because I have another sword that is now going to be cold and naked until it's turn comes up next year. :(

Hopefully someday I will stop buying weapons long enough to actually buy a kit so I can post pictures of this with it.

Scott
Fabulous work, as usual!
Thank you for the kind words. They are truly appreciated.
Brian, that's fabulous! I'm trying to get into your business (sorta) and every single time I see your work, it inspires! I LOVE the clean tooling and nicely cut lines. Soooo sweet!

Murph :cool:
You are welcome Brian. I anxiously awaitings the arrival of this scabbard which according to the tracking number should be here Friday! :D
Just a quick update, I planned my lunch perfectly as the UPS ninja was just trying to pop smoke when I pulled in front of his truck blocking him in! I did a quick glance and everything looks even better in person as cliche' as that sounds. The fit and finish are really good and it fits me very nicely as well. The one thing I really have to get used to is drawing a sword from it's scabbard. Which is not very easy when you have to worry about hitting the ceiling and getting the wife mad at you! Ask me how I know. I will give a better mini-review tomorrow.

Scott
Good morning everyone. I know this is a day late but family life must come first if I am to continue this hobby! :eek: I was able to go over the scabbard more thoroughly last night after getting home from a family function. All the detail work that Brian did was first class. From the celtic themed imaging to the buckle and belt end. Speaking of, while you can see the detail work on both the buckle and belt end it really comes alive in person. Brian is both a first class craftsman as well as a first class custom service rep for himself. I had a question about something that I asked him last night and received an answer within an hour. He was able to answer my question in a way that mades sense to me as well as being spot on. This is only my second scabbard so do not have much to compare it to. As I said in my last post the belt sizing is great and there is plenty of room to go bigger to allow for it to fit over a kit when I finally put one together. Receiving this will probably push me into it this year so I can show this off at the Bristol Ren Faire. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask and I will answer as best I can. I would also like to hear anything else anyone has to say about this project. I will finish with this. If you are thinking of having Brian make you a scabbard do not hesitate. From when I first contacted him to be put on his waiting list until receiving my sword and it's scabbard back it has been a first class experience with a turn around time of a little over 3 weeks from when I sent the sword to receiving it back. Good stuff.

Scott

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: