Albion's bare blades
I haven't heard these getting much press, but Albion is now offering Bare Blades for sale. These include sax, dagger, and sword blades.

I hope the dagger blades herald the arrival of Albion daggers in general. :)
Re: Albion's bare blades
Chad Arnow wrote:
I haven't heard these getting much press, but Albion is now offering Bare Blades for sale. These include sax, dagger, and sword blades.

I hope the dagger blades herald the arrival of Albion daggers in general. :)

Thanks Chad. I plan to order a Mainz or Fulham blade blank on Monday. I appreciate the heads up. I have been wanting one of these for sometime. And this way, I get the fun of making my own handle.
I NEED THAT SAXE Thats an amazing piece of information, thank you
albion bare blades
I'd really like to see their blunt blades up for sale with all of the different styles of hilt components. Would love to have the Liechtenauer blade with the Talhoffer cross guard and pommel :D
I can wait for blunts. I'm just super excited that they are offering bare blades. There are not a lot of options to just buy a blade on the market other than custom or the Tinker-Hanwei blades. Albion daggers would be stunning.
Thank you very much for pointing this out Chad.

From an aspiring "do it yourself" perspective, as I have started down that path of beginning with knives; These are truly bargains as heat treated blades at these prices. Those wanting to "cutler their own" should really consider them. A seax like one of those would take me 4 hours, and cost at least half their asking price in terms of fuel and raw material costs. I would be surprised if the heat treat is not superior as they have somewhat standardized their material and approach based upon some research and independent checks by Kevin Cashen who is known for his efforts in measuring effectiveness of heat treatment. I hope to see some examples of what others do with these on the "Show off your homemade blades" thread. http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...t=homemade

Sincerely,

Jared
We here are probably going to order some of the bare blades closer to the end of summer, if option to get blunts would be there, that would be really awesome.
Oh my...that is awesome :) . More project options for me hehe :) . Now I just have to finish the 5 project sword I have already going :p .

On a side note...something about that XVI blade seems off to me and I can't place my finger on it right now. I'll have to get back to getting a closer look at the blades later (off to see iron man 2).

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: