Starring my Valkyrja
A picture from a set I shot recently, starring my Valkyrja and a photo model

Attachment: 96 KB
Walkyria_098.jpg

:eek:

... forget the stupid sword - more pics of this model, please! :D

Regards

Martin
Thats just about my favorite Albion... I want one so bad. The young Lady in the pic looks VERY angry... I hope she won't hurt me with my dream sword??? :eek:
What lady? Ah... nice

(See this post if you don't caught the joke: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t...mp;start=0)
The sword is mighty pretty...the lassie...not so much.
Link to the rest of the series?

J
Why is she holding the sword upside down?
Hey folks,
Let's keep any discussion here about the sword or about the photo's composition.

Thanks!
You have the sword in an excellent light - really picked up on the detail well... quite the stunning sword... is it being drawn from a scabbard?
I'm curious about the unnatural-looking hand position- was it just to show off the cross and pommel better?
Andrew Maxwell wrote:
I'm curious about the unnatural-looking hand position- was it just to show off the cross and pommel better?

Yes, you got it ! I'm absolutely aware of the unnatural-looking hand position... I was intending to show the sword hilt along with the model's face. She is indeed extracting the sword from it's scabbard just like a girl who has never handled a sword before in her life does, and though looking unnatural it serves the aim of the picture.

OK gentlemen, for the same price you get a view of the home-made carved scabbard

Attachment: 32.6 KB
DSC_9551.JPG

Very nice looking scabbard!
Congratulations to work well done.
I especially like the way you shaped the wood so it flows with the form of the chape and the sword guard. This is something that is easy to get wrong. The guard should not be overwhelmed by the thickness of the scabbards and the chape should looks like a natural part of the whole, not like a cap, three sizes too small, on a high forehead.

Canīt make out all that much of the carving other than it seems to be in a nice Urnes style.

Very nice :D
The scabbard looks amazing... love the overall shape and the carvings... do you plan to stain it?
Thank you everybody.

To J. H. Chandler, sorry no link to the rest of the series.

To Sean, though the photo doesn't show it clearly the scabbard is stained with a light oak colour and coated with linseed oil.

To Peter, yes it's Urnes style, in fact I tried to match your very nice carvings on the guard and pommel.
Another part of my inspiration was Jake Powning's work.

A closer view of the carving:

Attachment: 28.63 KB
DSC_9549.JPG

Looks much better in the close up photo... in the first photo it looks unfinished and very light in color... I can see the light stain in the second photo... very nice.

As for Powning... Drool. Someday... maybe... ;) I love the mans work.

Its an amazing sword, my favorite Albion and one I hope to find a way to own someday, even tho they are all sold out... and a truely awesome scabbard as well. Great work.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: