GDFB Churburg Suit
Hello myArmoury,

I was looking if into anyone that can tell me there impression of GDFB’s Churburg 14th century armor.

I know that certain things look off about the harness, but for the price it seems like a really good deal :D I was planning on tweaking this myself to correct some things and make it look more historically accurate. I know that the greaves and sabitons are really bad, but everything thing else about that harness looks solid. Any personal first hand information from those who have purchased the harness (or handled it) would be most appreciated

http://www.kultofathena.com/product.asp?item=...+of+Armour
Why did they put the chest plate on the stomach? To better fit the typical body shape of the purchasers? :p

Other than that, yeah, legs look catastrophic.

[ Linked Image ]
David Teague offered this bit of advice "P.S. Stay away from the GDFB Churburg gauntlets... I rebuilt a pair and they were a lot of work and still aren't all that good." in this thread.

Since this was my exact plan for my spring 2010 project, David saved me some money and a lot of time & frustration.

The bascinet is serviceable, if you're handy and willing to make modifications as I've shown in this thread. Some additional photos are posted in my album.
Look at it compared to the original. The proportions of the armor are completely off, with insignificant amounts of forming in various sections such as the vambraces and greaves that make it look more like silver-painted cardboard than steel. The helmet alone looks to be a piece of work in itself that I wouldn't dream of trying to modify, much less the rest of those one size fits all components. Yuck!

[ Linked Image ]
After a quick search, the least expensive AB0072 I found was $1,339.00 USD. Your hard earned money can be spent in a better fashion.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: