Rustic Pattern Welded French Hanger
This is a recent custom that is available through Legacy Forge at the Scarborough Ren Fest in Texas.

The blade is 29 random layers and clamshell/thumbring is 13 layers.
The handle is hand fluted antler. The knucklebow is pure iron. The buttcap is wrought iron and the pommel nut is also pure iron. All the pieces were hand forged to shape. I left a scaled surface on the knucklebow to give it more of a piratey feel. The blade has a small Swatton style fuller running up the spine.

We are already making the next in this series. The damascus clamshell has quickly become a favorite.

[ Linked Image ]

For more pictures please visit http://baltimoreknife.com/frenchhanger.htm

As always, comments welcome!
Oh, that one is nice. I too am becoming a fan of that clamshell.
Yea, it has that early american feel to it with a french style. I hadn't played with a sword that has a thumb guard like that and one I got this bad boy together I got to play with it for a day or so before it was shipped out. I was some what blown away by how much more leverage the thumb loop added.

Anyone else out there notice the extra leverage that a thumb loop adds? I feel it doesn't do a whole lot for a straight up and down swing but with a more natural diangle downward slice it adds a huge amount of force. IMO of course.
Wow, Matt, that's beautiful!! BKS continues to turn out gorgeous stuff. Can't wait until I can add another of your works to my collection--unfortunately that'll be a ways down the road.
Thanks John. A lot of costumers are in the same boat as you right now. That is one of the driving forced being us starting with a entry level pattern welded series. The overwelming support for our product in these times has been a real inspiration to us that we will be here making a even better product by the time the economy comes back around.
Thats a great sword matthew. i love the damascus clamshell . good job on the antler too.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: