Albion Vigil: Custom Handmade Scabbard 4-24-10
Hello myArmoury community!

I'd like to share my most recent commission, a scabbard for the Albion Vigil. This one was given to me with free reign for design and follow through. I let the wheel's turn and this is what I came up with. The customer was very pleased!

Features:
A regrip from the standard 'spiral' grip
A double-belt setup, leather tooled, and belt decor
Custom desiged tooling
Dark brown scabbard with light tan suspension, two-toned

Feel free to chime in with comment's and thank you for looking!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
Omg that is beautiful!
Expecially when the words " Oh my god" came shooting out of my mouth
Very nice indeed
As always Brian that some stunning work
May we see some reverse "back" side views and chape close ups? I am always interested in the back stitch leather seam, mouth, and details of the chape forming. I can appreciate sensitivity of the information, but am at present only working on pattern welded metal stock.
Jared Smith wrote:
May we see some reverse "back" side views and chape close ups? I am always interested in the back stitch leather seam, mouth, and details of the chape forming. I can appreciate sensitivity of the information, but am at present only working on pattern welded metal stock.

Sure, I'll bite. Here are some pictures of the scabbard, and other works.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
As Brian mentioned before, I'm VERY pleased. I love giving an artist full license. You always get their best work! Thanks again, Brian. Looking forward to the mext couple!
Every view from every angle is awesome Brian! I really like the perfect seam and simple but even and tight stitch, with the little extra (leather lace?) near the back side mouth. The chape is just what I would want as well. I hope that you decide to apprentice someone so that this quality continues for a long time......

Sincerely,
Jared
Looking very good Brian. I especially like the chape you have in the second set of pictures. The asymmetry looks really good to me which goes so against our modern symmetrical tastes.

I am looking forwards to seeing what you do with the scabbard for my Vigil when the time finally comes! ;) I am hoping to get it shipped out tomorrow which should get it to you around the first.

Scott
Brian, thank you very much for sharing reverse side & some other details. Helps us mere mortals understand what is possible!
Christopher E. wrote:
As Brian mentioned before, I'm VERY pleased. I love giving an artist full license. You always get their best work! Thanks again, Brian. Looking forward to the mext couple!

Well, congratulations on being the owner of such a beautiful scabbard and congratulations to Brian for the excellent work ( as usual ).

I ran out of superlatives about Brian's work quite some projects of his ago. ;) :D :cool:
Hmm, this is strange but I can not see any images here and dbkcustomswords site also refuses to load... anyone else geting this problem?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: