Go to page Previous  1, 2

S. Jansone wrote:

Just a curiosity- what period sword are the originals? Guard and grip looks quite interesting...

Very roughly -- 500 to 300 BC, give or take. Classical Greece, basically. Persian Wars, Peloponesian (sp?) wars, up through Alexander's time and even a bit after.
hmm, 200 years ... I would be glad to see some 1:1 reconstruction, although this one is great!
Don't even really know what to say about this project at this point. Well other than the fact that it turned into an available piece. I am going to run a sale price on it for a period of time to see if I can't help find it a home a bit faster. From here on out, custom orders will be pretty rare and will be under very different conditions. Happy to be into another project now that I am enjoying and think people will like it.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]

More pictures and info about the sword can be found below.
http://www.ironagearmoury.com/xiphos.html

Shane
Sorry to hear this project ran into some problems. It can't have been the outcome, as I think it looks great. :D

If you want to talk about it, feel free to send me a PM...

I can't really afford to buy it at the moment, but it (or a second version) is on my shortlist for the future.
Thanks Paul.. This sword has found a very good home. I thought one of these with the spherical pommel would look really nice with the two bands that go around it. Don't have any set plans to make another one right away though, but maybe at some point. There are just so many cool swords out there that I want to make.

Shane
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: