Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Arm Up Sale Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 08 Apr, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nat Lamb wrote:
I am in the process of putting in an order for vambraces and basagues, but couldn't find shipping info on the website (specifically to Australia).

Just e-mail Allan Directly I have never used the web site to place an order because the way I first became aware of Allan was through a recommendation by Gordon Frye and he put me in touch with him ..... we started an exchange of e-mails talking about armour and then I got addicted to buying. Wink Laughing Out Loud

I do visit Allan's site and I guess it a good way to order also but I just e-mail him and tell him what I want to buy.

All this to say that I haven't even read whatever shipping information he has on his site so I don't know if it details options and I certainly don't know the options for Australia but for Canada he uses USPS which is transferred to Canada Post over the border. I would imagine that the same would work for Australia and " Australia Post " or whatever your postal service is called.

In any case just e-mail Allan and discuss the best, and in a shipment down under, the least expensive way to ship as I think the cost of shipping to Australia is somewhat higher than shipping to Canada.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Nat Lamb

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Fri 09 Apr, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

But at least more accurately named, at least it involves a ship Razz
Christopher Treichel

PostPosted: Fri 09 Apr, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just ordered a set of 16th century couters... I already have about 80% of a 3/4 harness ala 16th century for my Landsknecht harness from Merctailor mostly second hand but I had him make a gorget back in January and now some more as finances allow.

I also took the liberty of posting a note on Armourarchive to get those gents moving... I think it is having the desired effect.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 09 Apr, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, that was fast: My Viking shield should be shipped next week.

The pieces I just ordered ready before the end of the month. Big Grin Cool

This isn't surprising it's the kind of fast customer service I have had over many years from Allan including fast replies to e-mails for orders or just for information.

This is also a " BUMP " but I just got an e-mail from Allan about the status of my order and I didn't want to be quiet about it. Wink Razz Laughing Out Loud

I also appreciate others who have come here to give feedback about their purchases and spread the word on other sites or to their friends likely to be interested in buying armour.

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sun 11 Apr, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

From Allan's site:

Quote:
ARM UP. FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS TAKE 20% OFF OUR ARM HARNESS AND GAUNTLETS. WELL BE BRINING THIS TO A CLOSE THIS EVENING 4/11/10 AT 6:00PM EST. MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED.

Only a few hours to go on the sale.

I noticed that although quite a few people did take advantage of the sale on " ARM " there where also many purchases of other armour not on sale and I'm sure this is very helpful for Allan's business in a challenging economic period.

Obviously I can't speak for Allan about the level of success of the sale itself + the " collateral damage " ( Joke ) of selling other things, but at least from here it looks to me as if it at least generated some encouraging interest.

I bought some arm armour but I also bought other things like leg armour and the Viking shield I mentioned before and I'm really looking forward to playing with the shield as I've not done any shield work except 1:33, it might not be formal training but I will try to see if I can get others in my lonsword group to bout with me and I will " improvise " and see what happens.

Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sun 11 Apr, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I just made it "under the wire" with an order for mitten gauntlets.
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Sat 15 May, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Mitten Guantlets         Reply with quote

I just received my mitten gaunlets from Allan today. They are built stoutly and function very smoothly. I am very pleased. Thanks, Allan!
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Scott Kowalski

PostPosted: Fri 21 May, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just an update here as well. As some of you know I have already received my shield that I ordered and yesterday I received my Visby Type 1 gauntlets. I have to say that so far they either meet or exceed all of my expectations. I guess I have come to expect that from Allan and the gang though. The glove fit is great on these Allan as you said they would be. I was worried that the medium welding gloves used as the basis would not be big enough and Allan said that they should be fine for me. What can I say but that Allan really knows his business. They fit me like a glove! Big Grin Sorry for that. Hopefully I will be able to get some pictures as well a mini-review of some kind.

Scott

Chris Landwehr 10/10/49-1/1/09 My Mom
Quinn W.

PostPosted: Fri 21 May, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I got my arms about a week ago, which Allan was able to integrate flawlessly to a set of spaulders I already owned. Images are already up in the "let's see your kits and harnesses" thread. So here's another huge thank you to Merc Tailor, who's quality of armor is only matched in quality of service.
"Some say that the age of chivalry is past, that the spirit of romance is dead. The age of chivalry is never past, so long as there is a wrong left unredressed on earth"

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Arm Up Sale
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: