Windlass Italian Hand & Half
Does anybody have experience with this sword?

Attachment: 174.58 KB
243_2_.jpg

Yes, its really "tanky". Its fairly hefty combined with a very forward balance point. In addition to being sluggish, its not very attractive up close. The lines of the hilt are very modern looking, in sort of a cheap looking way. The engraving on the blade also looked very bad. This is not one of Windlass's better offerings.
I thought about buying one just to get the blade... I even thought I'd do so and pass the hilt onto Sean. Ironic. :)
I bought it planning on using the blade for a different sword, but when I got it, I had the opposite reaction as Bill; I found it rather more attractive in person than the pictures led me to expect.

The blade IS heavy, but I know you can handle the proper modifications to improve the proportions (it does need a half inch or so removed from the blade and added to the handle), which would improve the balance greatly.

With your abilities, I think you could make it into something really nice. The etching, if not perfect ,is nicely deep, and mine has no noticeable flaws. The blade just begs to be antiqued.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: