Go to page 1, 2  Next

An Ornate Sword
I have finally completed this ornate sword that I have started since early 2009, inspired by the sword of Count Leonhard von Goerz, a picture of which was posted here by Nathan Robinson

http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=16500

I have, of course, taken some liberties in designing and making this sword, but have always kept the essence and the originality of this beautiful Objet d'Art.

Specs are as follows:

Overall length :------------------- 51 1/4 inches
Blade length :--------------------- 38 1/2
Handle length :------------------- 8 1/2
Cross guard :--------------------- 9 3/4
Blade width at cross :----------- 1.70
Blade thickness at cross :----- 0.260
Center of gravity :---------------- 3 7/8 from guard
Center of percussion :---------- 24 1/2 from guard
Blade steel :----------------------- 5160
Weight :----------------------------- 4 lb 3.8 ounces

The handle is made of boxwood and ebony and all ornaments are gilded sterling silver.

Enjoy and thanks for looking.

Gabriel.

Attachment: 36.62 KB
pic 1.jpg

Attachment: 66.77 KB
IMG_3151.JPG

Attachment: 67.27 KB
IMG_3156.JPG

Attachment: 75.33 KB
IMG_3150.JPG

That is outrageous. Your inspired creations always show many of the same artistic influences as those often seen from history. Your grasp of line and proportion is impressive.

Cheers!
if true, how true it is that a sword is the balance of many things, this sword is one example.
The colors are amazing in harmony.
I will join the chorus. Gabriel, that is excellent. All the elements work together to create an overall pleasing harmony of line, color, and proportion. tr
A small part of me died when I saw this and realised I will never own it. Truly beautiful.
My goodness! What an exquisitely inspired reproduction. Sans being more minimalistic in the ornateness of the detail work, your piece is truly epic! Gorgeous, gorgeous sword. My, my...

-Gregory
Simply stunning. Your work is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! :cool:
That's a beautiful sword! I've made several swords myself and can tell how much effort it took to make this beauty. I envy you! If only I had a proper workshop... I could probably make something that looks half as good as your sword :blush:
WOW!! I'll have to jump on the band wagon and say that is some truly exquisite work.
I agree with everyone above and it's greatly inspired by the original sword but with a modern flavour, in a good way. :cool:

It does seem very " ART DECO " to me as opposed to trying to make it look period but this is a very impressive piece of artwork in addition to being an impressive sword: You do seem to have a real style of your own that transcends slavish reproduction of period styles.

We all appreciate when the goal is to reproduce the look and feel of a period sword but this it is also worthwhile: An alternate approache, that is really worth it when done as beautifully as this.
Beautiful! Is the gilding electroplate or leaf?
Thank you all very much for your compliments. You guys make me proud to be a member of this community.
Thanks again.

Sean Flynt wrote:
Beautiful! Is the gilding electroplate or leaf?

The gilding is 3-4 layers of 23 carat goldleaf.
My first reaction upon seeing this was to shout "holy sh*t" to my computer screen. Your work is beyond impressive.
That is a beautiful sword!

I love the twisted part of the grip.
Thanks guys, I appreciate your honest compliments.

...and Hugo, I must admit that your colorful comment cracked me up. My wife thought that I've lost it until she saw your comment and she joined in.

Thanks again.
Wow, truly amazing! Gorgeous! I'm envious. :)
:eek: what a beautiful sword!!! it is worthy of a king!!! if one day there is a real battle (not reenactment) count me in i will serve your cause with proud if i can get a sword as beautiful as this one :D

cheers!!!
Thank you Ed and Etienne for your good words and compliments, enough to give me more reasons to make more and better pieces

It is really very kind of you.
Wow.

Can I just say, in all honesty, that is the most beautiful reproduction piece I have seen. Ever. I don't think I can find appropriate superlatives.

Congratulations, Mr Ghazarian; you are an absolutely exceptionally talented craftsman.
Thanks Andrew for your generous compliments.

I would only like to point out that I have not spared time, effort and material for the creation of this sword and all that just for the passion of everything that is Art and Beautiful.

Thanks again and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: