I was on the news!
Hello myArmoury

I wanted to share with you a local news report I was, in regarding getting my new prosthesis :)

I designed this prosthesis from the ground up for my historical fencing and I was very fortunate to have gotten sponsored by Limbs for Life. I didn't pay a dime for it.

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/content/cfa/stor...o3ZSg.cspx

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/mediacenter/loca...entriq.net

the first one is the article with the video on the top left. The second one links straight to the video.

Hope you guys Enjoy!
Well that's impressive and a very feel good story and not bad P.R. for swordsmanship in general as well. :D :cool:
w00t!

Nice. :)
Just incredible. Very good to know, and what about the awesome show you are! Incredible is just a little word. Wow.
You're great man. I'm really impressed!
Reece,

Congratulations on your new leg! That is awesome and I feel happy for you. Having no insurance sucks and it is great that there are groups helping people out that need it. Good luck on your new longsword studies.

Cheers to a fellow Kansan-Swordsman!
I don't think I will ever complain about a bum knee or shoulder ever again! Truely impressive accomplishments, Reece!
Reece,

What a good story! I am glad to see when others go out and help others just for the sake of it. Your dedication to the sword is admirable!

RPM
i was on the news!
Thanks guys! Really means a lot to me :D

With this new prosthesis I can finally practice what i'v been studying for 5 years. With the prosthesis I can now wear armour and work on armoured combat techniques....which is something i'v been wanting to do for a very long time :)

No longer will I be limited with using one arm ;)
I know that this forum is not about politics, but since it relates to the thread... As an outsider, the health system in the U.S.A. seems just appallingly bad. This is not American bashing, just a comment on one aspect of governmental policy/regulation. Living somewhere that has more or less universal health care I find it astonishing that a first world country could operate with a system that can allow an amputee to be without a prosthesis because they are "uninsured". The fact that (as far as can be gleaned by watching the news here) large swathes of people seem to be against the introduction of wider health care just boggles my mind.

But, on an issue that I am sure would receive bipartisan support: Dude, you rock. Hard!
Politics should be left off these forums.

Thanks!
Hey, that was great! Congrats on the new leg, and nice fencing biomechanics, too!
Re: i was on the news!
Reece Nelson wrote:
With this new prosthesis I can finally practice what i'v been studying for 5 years.

Well, I must say that the clip showing you fighting one handed on a crutch is really impressive as well.
Very impressive both with the crutch and without! :)
Nice, mate! Keep at it and keep posting the great footage! :)
Reece,

Congrats and a big thanks to Limbs for Life.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: