Nieczar - new site
hello

there's new website with my works ...it's not complete yet (it needs some info about my person )... it'll be soon :)

www.nieczar.com
Nice website and outstanding work! I especially like the masks...
Terrific work! I really like that you've taken on some Byzantine styles too. :cool:
thanx for the opinions :)
Nice website an great work!

I especially love the animation on the first page.
hm, i don`t really like masks,
but the helmets are great, i especially apprecciate the sallets - cast from one piece ? wow, great craftsmanship.

mfg
thanx :)

both sallets are welded (it was the wish of the customer ...just because by this way is much cheaper )

...hm... You've right - the masks are ugly in my opinion also :\ ....but I can promise I'll try to make it better ...at this day I know I'm not so good in this subject :(
Patryk Nieczarowski wrote:
thanx :)

both sallets are welded (it was the wish of the customer ...just because by this way is much cheaper )

...hm... You've right - the masks are ugly in my opinion also :\ ....but I can promise I'll try to make it better ...at this day I know I'm not so good in this subject :(

Actually I think that Gottfried may have meant is that he doesn't like masks rather than they where ugly by being badly made.

I think your masks are superb in craftsmanship but many of the Eastern European helms with masks look very odd to those not previously aware of their type and appearance and it may take some getting used too to appreciate them as armour.

As art they are impressive and expressive.

One could say ugly on in the sense that they usually have very grim and intimidating facial expressions, but then one would want to scare the opponent with a scary mask rather than make them laugh with a goofy looking one. ;) , although one could make a case that someone laughing too hard is an easy opponent to kill as he is seriously distracted. ;) :lol:
Beautiful work Patryk!

Very happy to see your good work. I did some small work on armour years ago and know what it takes to do this.
Good eye for form and beautiful feeling for the material.

Keep up the good work.
The morphed video on the front page showing the mask being created is a very nice touch!
I´m sorry, i didn`t mean the masks being ugly, its just a matter of taste....
and they look very bizarre on a helmet, a glimpse from a different world, intimidating and fascinating at the same time.
Gottfried P. Doerler wrote:
I´m sorry, i didn`t mean the masks being ugly, its just a matter of taste....
and they look very bizarre on a helmet, a glimpse from a different world, intimidating and fascinating at the same time.

No problem, you just confirmed what I was saying that you where expressing personal opinion about what you like and not a comment on the quality of the work. :cool: ( I was trying to be helpful as I guessed that your words might be misinterpreted ).

No need to apologize about what you like or don't like and these helmets with masks do look very strange the first time one sees one. ;) :cool:
thanx everyones for notes
:)

Gottfried , I agree it's just the case of taste :) ...for me very "ugly" are some kinds of western helmets ...like Barbute,Morin or some kind of Armet ....brrrr....just horrble :wtf:

I love kipchak masked helmets because they're bizzare ...I like "freak stuff" :D ... I agree the style of it isn't so beautyfull maybe ,but it's not my invantion

however ... it doesn't change situation I'm still not so good ...I mean my skills are still very poor :( ...and when I look at Negroli's works ....I have dream :cry:
Patryk, when one reaches a high level of skill and knowledge one can be very critical of one's work because one knows enough to see the flaws that others can't see and one remembers what one was attempting to do and where one has not succeeded in getting it perfect.

On the other hand being modest and humble and ambitious to constantly improve can make one too critical. ;)

Anyway, we here do think that your work is impressive and aesthetically pleasing, so don't be too hard on yourself. :D :cool:
Well, if those are poorly made helmets, I seriously want to see good ones :eek:

Impressive work.

I have to disagree about barbutas and armets though, some of them look great.

As for masks, they're certainly acquired taste, but I definitely wouldn't like the view of anyone in one approaching me with spear :eek:
THANX GUYS :)

och, BTW...

all "news" from my workshop can find in ALBUM under "Fresh Made" ...at this moment there's some newest (ugly :) )masked helmet

http://photofile.ru/users/nieczar/3816837/

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: