Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Arms & Armor March Highlight and a Query Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 

Which of the Swiss Daggers pictured below are you most likely to add to your kit?
A 1480c. Alpine Dagger
57%
 57%  [ 44 ]
B 1520c. Swiss Dagger
22%
 22%  [ 17 ]
C 1550c. Swiss Holbein Dagger
20%
 20%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 77

Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sun 28 Mar, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Daggers and Stuff         Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

Hope you are having a good weekend. Thank you for the great comments and suggestions. We have the first batch of parts of to the foundry for the new dagger. I will update everyone on progress.

Quote:
Mark T wrote:
Craig, that's great news about you leaning towards A. Now, if you need a little extra nudge at all, then if you *ahem* just happened to offer a pre-production discount to the good folks here, from the comments above, it sounds like a lot of us would take you up on it ... could be a way to lock in some initial orders and cover some of your R&D costs, etc.

Just a thought.

Good idea Mark, let me see what I can do Happy

Quote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Craig I would also consider the option of making the (a) in a scaled up version half way from large dagger to short sword with a blade between 15" to 20 " , this could be a standard version although I guess anyone could order a fully custom version in whatever historical size they might want I also guess that a production version might be a little cheaper and more readily available.

You are very preceptive Jean Happy I actually have had some sketches and parts made up to do myself a sword in the style though a bit different in hilt shape. Actually I keep changing my mind about which hilt to do is more accurate. Confused But after seeing the comments here and some talk around the shop watch this space. We have been toying with the idea of doing some limited edition type things of late and this would be a good candidate. Not so much a set number of we will do this many but more along the lines of we make a small batch and when there finished they go up for sale till they are gone.

Quote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Oh, you might also consider making an " eared dagger " as these are also rather rare as reproductions.

Yea, I agree Happy I have loved the style of dagger since I first made one way back. They are a type that some love but as a regular stock item we have not seen a great demand for them over the years. They usually are done as custom pieces. We have not done one in quite a while. Might be another good candidate for a limited edition!

As to when the new dagger will be ready to go I am not quite sure as yet. I will of course let you all know and we may have some options for a reserve purchase as well.

We are also trying to get some other items ready soon so we hope to completely ruin Russ's budget in the near future!
Laughing Out Loud

Be Well
Craig
Joe Fults

Feedback score: 100%
(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sun 28 Mar, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I like the idea of you guys creating some limited runs and offering them up until they are out. Assuming the economics can work for you, the benefit for me as a consumer is that I don't have to wait if I like it (just like my last impulse buy) and I don't have to imagine what I will get (just like my last impulse buy). In some ways its similar to what you've been doing with the muster stuff for a while now, and that always generates some excitement. Cool
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 31 Mar, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Joe Fults wrote:
I like the idea of you guys creating some limited runs and offering them up until they are out. Assuming the economics can work for you, the benefit for me as a consumer is that I don't have to wait if I like it (just like my last impulse buy) and I don't have to imagine what I will get (just like my last impulse buy). In some ways its similar to what you've been doing with the muster stuff for a while now, and that always generates some excitement. Cool

Seconded, in some ways this sounds much like what the Busse guys do with their fixed blade knives, everything is a limited edition and the prices go UP on the secondary market.

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Arms & Armor March Highlight and a Query
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: