Seax and knife by Tod's Stuff
Hi Everybody,

Here is a picture of my seax made by Tod that I had modified by him with a longer handle. I really like what he did with this modification.

The second is a small camp knife which is really neat and meant to be a nice complement to the larger seax.

Attachment: 211.78 KB
saex [ Download ]

Attachment: 184.46 KB
[ Download ]
I've always admired that seax. I fell in love with it when you first posted pictures of it, and the longer handle really enhances the visual balance and compliments the blade even more. The camp knife is a perfect compliment to it.
Well done.
R D Moore wrote:
I've always admired that seax. I fell in love with it when you first posted pictures of it, and the longer handle really enhances the visual balance and compliments the blade even more. The camp knife is a perfect compliment to it.
Well done.

Thank you sir!

I am glad you like my seax. I have a full review coming on so you can have this to look forward to. ;)

I do bring up the question of the handle length in that review and after some thought I decided to go through with it and I am glad I did. On the negative side I did lose a really beautiful piece of boxwood. The options in handling are certainly different and it is neat to think about how this type of weapon would have been griped and employed.

The work that Tod puts into his pieces is really top notch and it comes through in the work done on the camp knife which, as you say, is a nice complement.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: