Pictures of Historic Weapons
Hi folks

Here a link to an auction house in munic

http://www.hermann-historica.de/auktion/hhm59...amp;c1=-^$

Just keep clicking upward and you will find more pics of historic weapons.

NOTE : this is not advertisement nor am i affiliated with that company (i cant afford anything from them anyway) i just thougt you guys might be interested in the pics.

regards

tec
Just be aware that artifacts from antique dealers have a high chance of being fake, or misidentified. So I wouldn't use it as a resource for knowledge on ancient/historic weapons. For that, museum databases are a lot more reliable (though still not even entirely infallible).
For some stuff they say it's "in style of 16th century" for example, so you have to be careful, but some stuff looks like it's a real deal.
Luka Borscak wrote:
For some stuff they say it's "in style of 16th century" for example, so you have to be careful, but some stuff looks like it's a real deal.

"In the style of..." is auction house speak for not authentic. :)

The big auction firms (Sotheby's, Christie's, Hermann Historica, Peter Finer) should have a better handle on authenticity as they employ pretty expert help. But no one is perfect. :)
Chad Arnow wrote:
Luka Borscak wrote:

"In the style of..." is auction house speak for not authentic. :)

Yep, that's what I wanted to say. Sorry if I wasn't clear. I wanted to say that other than fakes (in the style of...) there are some things that look real to me and they doesn't say they aren't real. ;)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: