Help me find a topic
Greetings from England my name is Max (J Easom) .As myArmoury is predominately American i thought it politic to introduce myself as an Englishman from the off .The reason for this post is because like Patric Kelly another Forum member of long standing . As his post was dated 2006. its a lot earler than this one. I too have acquired a Svante Nilsson Sture Sword from Albion.I also think this Sword is a work far surpassing anything i have previously bought from the same company .Now i have been advised by Soeren the European sales representative for Albion to read a piece by Peter Johnsson about sharpness on a discussion Forum on this forum.If that makes sense ?. If it does can someone please point this Forum virgin and computer idiot in the right direction.Cos I'm lost.If this reads/sounds long winded its your fault you all talk like collage professors I've got to try and keep up .Cant let England down as you'll think we are all fick.Max J Easom
Welcome to myArmoury! instead of a fish, here is a fishing tip. on the tabs on any of the forum pages you will see a clickable banner for "Spotlight Topics". These are the threads that are among the most informative on the site and a great place to start if you are new to myArmoury. If you click on that banner you'll then see a menu of choices based on subject matter. Click on Dynamics, Properties and Performance. About two thirds of the way down the list is a thread called "Sword Sharp"

I believe that is the one you are referring to. If not, you can search for posts by Peter Johnsson by using the search feature on the site or by finding a post by PJ and clicking on his name, viewing his profile and clicking on "FInd all posts by Peter Johnsson". Early in the history of this site there were many excellent threads on blade geometry, hollow grinding, etc.

Reading through posts by Mr. Johnsson is one great way to learn more about swords!
Max welcome to the site and you may have already found this one in the Spotlight Topics:
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=1980

It's by Angus Trim but Peter Johnsson also posted a comment on the Topic.

I'm fairly sure that Peter commented on sharpness elsewhere in other Topics and you should try the search function to find more from him. ;)

If you do search for all Topic by Peter I'm sure you will find other things very much worth reading and it should keep you busy for a good amount of time. ;) :D

One trick is to find a post by Peter and " click " on " PROFILE " at the bottom of the comment field, you will find the option " Find all post by Peter Johsson " there ..... this is one easy way to find all the posts of anyone who posts here.

See here: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/profile.php?mod...&u=150
Welcome Max! Let me second the previous two posts and add a search technique I use. If you go to the search screen and type in a couple of words about what you are looking for, a screen or two will come up and you can pick the one you want. Type in, for example, "Johnsson and sharpening", click the search button and pick the post that answers your question. Hope this helps. Check this post out:
http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=82838#82838

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: