For Sale: Kirby Wise Broadsword
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

I've been going through my personal swords and decided to liquidate some of the pieces I don't use these days.

On offer is a circa 1988 wheel pommel Broadsword made by Kirby Wise of Arizona. Kirby is a well know maker of all types of weaponry, but his swords are probably what he's best know for. Kirby handmakes all his pieces, using a coal forge and techniques he's developed for the many decades of his long and distinguished career. Though last I heard he's still active, it's uncertain how much longer he'll be producing, so this piece could increase in value significantly within a relatively short time.

I purchased this sword new, as I said around 1988 and have been its sole owner. Though it was a perfectly serviceable piece when I got it, it was quite basic so I did a little customization over the years. I beveled the edged of the pommel and polished both it and the guard, as they were originally blackened. I replaced the grip with one of ash, wrapped in twisted brass wire, terminating in brass bands. I have used this sword for mounted combat occasionally, so a couple of notches are present in the blade edges, as are some wear marks on the brass grip bands, from contact with steel gauntlets. All wear on the piece adds a certain character to it, and make it a sword with a little "history", much like that seen on authentic historical examples during their working lives.

I have fully polished the entire piece, so it's about as nice as it can possibly be for a piece of some age.

39" long overall
31" long blade
8" wide quillon

I'm asking $450 USD, insured UPS shipping included to the lower 48 states, or $35 USD credit toward international or AK/HI shipping. Paypal or check payment accepted (allowing a few days to clear the bank).

[ Linked Image ]

I should have mentioned that interested parties can contact me via PM here, or to my email address:
jeffrey<at>historicenterprises.com

Thx, --JH

bump.........still available.

Still for sale.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: