Scottish blade maker FA Lyon- info needed and restoration
I have a Scottish dirk and the blade is marked "FA Lyon 84 Leith Street Edinburgh". Does anyone know the dates he was listed at this address. The dirk appears to be Victorian and is missing the by knife and fork, as well as the cap for the handle. Does anyone know where I could get this dirk restored by having the missing parts made? [/img]

Attachment: 179.24 KB
[ Download ]
Vince Evans used to do that kind of work, so did Donnie Shearer. Unfortunately, Vince doesn't have the time for that kind of work these days and Donnie has dropped out for a while, due to illness of some sort, and I have no idea if he'll ever be back in business.

Pat Tougher might have an idea or two. His e-mail is listed on his website: http://www.scottishsword.com/ . Drop him a line and ask... wouldn't hurt, anyway....
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll contact Pat. I've bought a couple of Scottish regimental dirks from him that are in my collection.

Anyone have an information about when FA Lyon was located at that address?

Thanks,
Jim
According the Bezdek's Swords and Sword Makers of England and Scotland, F.A. Lyon was located on Leith street between 1796 and 1850.
Thank you David. That is very helpful for me, as I was very unsure of the age of this dirk.
Jim

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: