This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

Hi All,

I have some swords for sale: my place on a custom sword waiting list has come up, and I’ve also just gotten engaged so all in all I’m going to need some money!
Please see everything listed below with descriptions, pics and prices. I’ve left postage and packaging as additional to the price as this will depend on where everyone lives, and what mode of postage they would prefer. Some items may be particularly heavy, so please bear this in mind!
Cheers,
Ant

Windlass Sword of Auray - £100 + p&p
Overall length: 39”
Blade length: 31.5”
Hilt length: 7 ¼”
Weight: 1.1kg

I bought this sword as it was known as one of the better Windlass swords from their line-up. It really does handle nicely: well balanced and the blade isn’t whippy.
Naturally, a high carbon blade: slightly hollow-ground, but more of a type XV than XVIII. Or maybe a well-worn type XVII that falls between types.
Style 9 cross, with an odd pommel which may be a type W. I cold-blued both, and then wire-wooled them down to give them a weathered, gun-metal grey colour.
I also added risers and a leather wrap to the bare wood grip as I found this got very slippery when dry-handling. Improves grip, but unfortunately covers up the original brass ferrules.
My experimentation also lead to me trying various dye-jobs on the scabbard unfortunately ruining it. I also used the chape on another project. You will therefore only get the sword, unless you would like me to provide the ruined scabbard as protection in transit.
Payment via cheque or bank transfer. Please add 4% fee if you wish to use Paypal. Cheques will have to clear before I send it out.