Golden Garniture
I found a picture of a close-helmet, intended for tournament use, which was once part of the fabulous ‘Golden Garniture’ made in 1555 by the master armourer Conrad Richter of Augsburg for the Emperor Ferdinand II , but i cant find anything about the rest of this armour i would be very gratefull for any information about this armour.

the helmet is in Wallace Collection in London http://www.museumnetworkuk.org/materials/galleries/richter.html
I know what its literal meaning is, but this passage from the description made me laugh:

"The patterns on the surface were created using acid."

There's another page about it here but all it says is that the garniture is now "widely scattered."

I wish I could find more than that. Sadly it's not the first garniture to be scattered. Who knows how many incredible armours were taken apart and their pieces sold to people all over the world. I think the devastation of World War II probably played a large part in many historic artworks including armours being lost, stolen or destroyed.
So I see, the elements of this armour could be located all over the world , it wont be easy to find them .
I will try to write to The Wallace Collection museum , I bet that they where looking for the rest of the armour maybe they share the information they obtained.
Given the value of the harness, I'd check the big museums first--Vienna, NYC, Madrid, Paris, Dresden, Munich, St. Petersburg....

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: