Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > LARP, the web series. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 04 Nov, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject: LARP, the web series.         Reply with quote

LARP, the Web Youtube T.V. series: Some of you might find this series fun and they are currently on their second season.
( Also somewhat related to our main interests with weapons and medieval stuff ! Although more on the fantasy level than otherwise ).

Most of the first season episodes are short and under 10 minutes, but I enjoyed the first season a lot as it's very funny and the production values very good considering that it was probably done with a tiny tiny budget.

They are currently showing the second season episodes once a week.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7atuZxmT95508O3ylmNMe_DOG6ksPdFn

This series is produced in Montréal Québec Canada and has been picked up by " THE GEEK & SUNDRY " Youtube Web channel created by Felicia Day ...... I'm sort of a fan, and she has acted in many different " Genre Series " like " Buffy the Vampire Slayer ", " EUREKA ", " DOLLHOUSE ' and " SUPERNATURAL " among other things produced her own Web series and created the site.

The site has a lot of entertainment value for " gamers " both of the Console/PC kind and also to board game players.

https://www.youtube.com/user/geekandsundry

By the way I have no association with the site or financial interest in it, I'm just a fan of the site and of Felicia Day.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Will S

PostPosted: Wed 04 Nov, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm not a huge fan of the series - in fact I couldn't watch past the first 3 episodes as I felt the acting was just diabolical, but I'm also a fan of the site, and Will Wheaton! Bring back Tabletop, I say...

Perhaps I'll give the new season a try.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 05 Nov, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Will S wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of the series - in fact I couldn't watch past the first 3 episodes as I felt the acting was just diabolical, but I'm also a fan of the site, and Will Wheaton! Bring back Tabletop, I say...

Perhaps I'll give the new season a try.

Well, it usually takes me more than 3 episodes of any series to have the characters develop enough to relate to for me to decide decide if the story/series is worth my following or not.

Now, each of us have different interests and varying tastes, and even a good for someone else program might leave one indifferent or bored, if the " GENRE " of the program is one that leaves us cold.

The LARP character arcs do develop a lot in the first season episodes past the first 3 episodes, and to understand the second season, it helps a lot to have seen the entire first season Wink Big Grin Cool

The second season episodes average 10 to 15 minutes.

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 19 Dec, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, the last episode of the second year is in with a final episode around 29 minutes long.

The second season episodes seem to build and get better and better with each following episode.

The story is not so much about LARPING as it's about the people doing the LARPING and parts actually had me ROTFL and at times brought some tears into the corners of my eyes.

One really has to binge watch the whole first season followed by the second season to get all the subtleties of the story, and it's a better series done with a shoe string budget than most expensive multimillion dollar T.V. series: it has a lot of heart and it treats people who enjoy a fantasy life with respect while still showing some of the funny sides of it all.

Some of you might not like it, but some of you may love the series, but that is true of most things. Wink Big Grin Cool

Anyway, I liked it a lot !

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7atuZxmT95508O3ylmNMe_DOG6ksPdFn

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Thu 24 Dec, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh, they just posted an after the season clip on GEEK & SUNDRY about the making of season two of LARPs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky8Kckjo1yY

For those who haven't looked at any of the episodes this short 6 1/2 minute clip might give you an idea of the flavour of the series and tempt you to go have a look.

For those who have seen, and hopefully liked the series, it's a nice look behind the scenes showing some of the technical aspects of shooting the series, colour correction which seems to really improve the quality of the images, and some nice content about the fights and how they where staged.

NOTE: Since I worked for 25 years in corporate T.V. and did a lot of everything from set design to construction and lighting plus editing and graphics/special effects I could sort of appreciate how great the production quality of this series is considering the shoe string budget and the relatively small screw compared to network T.V. or film.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > LARP, the web series.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic