Egyptian swords
Been making knives for a while now and figure its time to try my hand at swords. I have a customer who has a room in egyptian motif and wants a sword to put on the wall. Something around 2000 years old. Any idea where to get some picts and specks for something like this???

Larry
Hello Larry ,

I just took a chance and it seems to have paid off . Go to the " features " menue on the home page and look for " introduction to the sword " . The first picures has several that might be used as a guid to you .
Tom Wegener wrote:
Hello Larry ,

I just took a chance and it seems to have paid off . Go to the " features " menue on the home page and look for " introduction to the sword " . The first picures has several that might be used as a guid to you .

Thanks.
That's a great place to start. I'm always open to suggestions so feel free to add whatever.
Larry
2,000 years ago Egypt was part of the Roman Empire, so swords of that time would be Roman. I think you'd want something from an earlier time period in order to be more distinctive. #1 & 3 from "Introduction to the Sword" would both be good ones. #1 was a type of sword found throughout the Near East during the late Bronze Age. To be a genuine reproduction, any copy would have to be in bronze. #3 I haven't seen before, but it would be iron or mild steel so a copy could be in high carbon steel and still be considered a close reproduction.

Can anyone supply any numbers such as length, width, etc for #3?

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: