Sneak Preview - New Mainz Gladius
This is a new model Mainz we will be releasing shortly - based on Peter's most recent research on Roman swords. I really like this one - the subtleties of the hilt components are very cool.

[ Linked Image ]

More photos here:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=5229807&id=109838441137

This model will be available for an introductory price of $600 (regularly $700) until March 15th.

Best,

Howy
Till the 15th ah? That's perfect for a roman sword. I don't know if it was intentional but it ends on the Ides of March, a Roman military holiday if memory serves me. You should call it the "Ides of March" sale on all of your Roman swords. Cliché I know but I couldn't resist.
Great looking sword Howy, always good to here from you guys at Albion. Im glad that you have decided to concentrate on some early stuff for a while, especially looking forward to the decurio :-D
Mike Capanelli wrote:
Till the 15th ah? That's perfect for a roman sword. I don't know if it was intentional but it ends on the Ides of March, a Roman military holiday if memory serves me. You should call it the "Ides of March" sale on all of your Roman swords. Cliché I know but I couldn't resist.

Already invoked that cliche...
Idus Martias Sale... going on right now on the Roman short swords...
Great minds?

Thanks!

howy
Stephen Curtin wrote:
Great looking sword Howy, always good to here from you guys at Albion. Im glad that you have decided to concentrate on some early stuff for a while, especially looking forward to the decurio :-D

Keep your fingers and toes crossed - we hope to introduce the Decurio, and a few surprise models, very soon...

Best,

howy
Very nice! This was already my favorite of the Gladii, but now it is even more my favorite! The dark grip is very, very pretty. Looking forward to seeing what else you guys have cooking!
Looking good! Wish I had the free funds to make use of the introductory pricing offer....
Nope, don't care for it. Mainly the one-color grip/fittings. Oh, love the
Mainz style blade. But I think the long-gone 2cnd Generation Albion
Mainz Gladius was by far your best. Nicely detailed wood fittings.
Classy as all getout.

The new generation are very appealing. Very businesslike. But I'll
take the second generation breed any day ... B-)
I feel that this piece is slowly growing. The other Albion Gladiuses look like they are "supposed to" with dark knobs and light colored grips, this one brakes away from that picture.
In reality during the roman Empire there where probably a more Gladiuses with darker grips rather than light ones, as all type of grips has a tendency to darken when being in use for a while.
Very classy.
Stephan Johansson-

I agree. I find this piece very visually appealing. I found it attractive when I first saw it, but with this next look, I'm drawn to it more.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: