Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Albion Sword Collectors Club Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Andrew Zander

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sat 10 Jul, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Mike,

This is a great idea!

however... Big Grin

what about having a similar program with the Del Tin's you offer? Maybe this could appeal to those of us that are less financially endowed?
Alina Boyden

PostPosted: Sat 10 Jul, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kirk Lee Spencer wrote:
Timothy Gulics wrote:
SoSM-T?

Sword of Saint Maurice Turin...

Next in line in Museum Line

ks

Is there any info on this on Albion's site that I'm missing? Can you pre-order one yet? I'd love to get one of these...

Alina
Jason Dingledine

PostPosted: Sat 10 Jul, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Alina Boyden wrote:
Is there any info on this on Albion's site that I'm missing? Can you pre-order one yet? I'd love to get one of these...

Alina

Hi Alina,

There isn't anything other than a minor blurb on our news page several months ago. Once we have a more concrete schedule and a bit more completed on the project (all we have right now is Peter's original documentation drawing), we'll do an official announcement on our page.

This sword (to the best of my knowledge) will be the next in the "Hallmark" series of Museum Line swords.

Keep an eye out on Albion's News page and here (myArmoury), as these will be the first places anything new will be debuted.

Best,

Jason Dingledine
Brian M

PostPosted: Sat 10 Jul, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jason,

So, the SoSM-T will be priced along the lines of the Svante Sword ($2500) rather than the Museum Line ($1000-$1500)? I don't doubt that it will be worth the money, but that most unfortunately puts it out of my range, particularly in regards to the "Albion Collectors Club." Bummer.

Regards,
Brian M
Alina Boyden

PostPosted: Sat 10 Jul, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I think if its that expensive I'll just wait on all the other pretty little Albions. I think that the St. Maurice Turin is probably one of my absolute favorite medieval sword designs.
Markus Haider

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 11 Jul, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great Marketing, of course. Even without enough money to spend on swords in the next three months (I would have to buy two additional swords until then to qualify - or three until December), I was quite tempted. I hope this program will live a long time, because I am eager to see the XIX and the swords following, and then I might be able to qualify - it is hard to withstand a free high quality sword... Wink
Joe Fults

Feedback score: 100%
(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sun 11 Jul, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

New car time this weekend.

Now I really won't be able to take advantage of this program. Sad

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Jason Dingledine

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jul, 2004 4:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian M wrote:
Jason,

So, the SoSM-T will be priced along the lines of the Svante Sword ($2500) rather than the Museum Line ($1000-$1500)? I don't doubt that it will be worth the money, but that most unfortunately puts it out of my range, particularly in regards to the "Albion Collectors Club." Bummer.

Regards,
Brian M

Hi Brian,

I seriously doubt that the San Maurizio will be priced like the Svante. The "Hallmark" tag isn't really a price point delineator, but really is about the more famous and/or otherwise special swords being recreated in the museum line (it is still considered part and parcel with the ML). While I can't say for sure what the final price will be, I don't think it will be as high as the Svante.

Part of the reason for the price of the Svante being were it is (a considerable part actually) at has to do with the fact that the blade is 1/2" thick at the base and is severly hollow-ground to lighten it's weight. This is a considerably large warsword, but the tapers, geometry, and volumes of it make it feel like a sword that weighs half of what it actually does.

Peter was kind enough to let me use his reconstruction (this is his personal sword and the only copy of the Svante currently in existence) to do some test cutting with. It was absolutely phenomenal. The myth that thick, hollow-ground blades do not cut soft targets well, is just that, a myth. We were cutting rather substantial rolls of Bugei wara (3-5 mat rolls), and it handled them without issue.

Jason Dingledine
Michael Sigman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jul, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Patrick Kelly wrote:
Hmmmmmmm................

Check your records for me Mikey.

I've purchased the Migration type D, Crusader, Baron, Regent, Vinland, and now the Jarl.

Am I within the one year window?

It looks like you only have the Migration D, Baron, Regent, Vinland, and Jarl towards this so far. Give me a call or shoot me an email if you want to chat further about it and I can explain.

Mike Sigman
Albion Swords
Michael Sigman
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jul, 2004 5:37 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Andrew Zander wrote:
Mike,

This is a great idea!

however... Big Grin

what about having a similar program with the Del Tin's you offer? Maybe this could appeal to those of us that are less financially endowed?

Sorry Andrew!! This is only Albion Mark Swords. We have minimum retail prices we have to follow with Del Tin. That is why you don't see them on sale. This means that we can't give them away either. Sad

Mike Sigman
Albion Swords
Michael R. Black

PostPosted: Mon 12 Jul, 2004 10:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

What if i buy 60 francisca heads?

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Albion Sword Collectors Club
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: