Go to page 1, 2  Next

Albion Sword Collectors Club
There is something new we are offering called the Albion Collectors Club. If you buy 6 Albion Mark Swords you get the 7th sword free. :D

* Free sword must be of equal or lesser value of an average of the 6 swords purchased, though the average value may be applied as dollar credit toward a sword of a higher price.

* Applies to Albion Mark First Generation, Next Generation and Museum Line swords

* Buyer pays shipping and handling

*The 6 swords must be purchased within 1 year

I hope you enjoy!!!
Mike, this is an excellent opportunity but few are those with such funds to expend within a single year! Jeremy
Jeremy V. Krause wrote:
Mike, this is an excellent opportunity but few are those with such funds to expend within a single year! Jeremy

I understand completely bud. The only problem is we have to limit it somehow. :(

Gives people something to shoot for though. :D
I assume that previous NG purchases also count? I have three already, after all. :D
I'd like to second Jeremy's point. Although I understand that it is a business calculation for Albion, perhaps an 18-month or even 2-year limit would be doable? There are certainly 3 -- well more than 3 -- NG/Museums I want, but 6 in a year is stretching things rather thin for most people.

Regards,
Brian M

Last edited by Brian M on Fri 09 Jul, 2004 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Brian M wrote:
I assume that previous NG purchases also count? I have three already, after all. :D

Regards,
Brian M

Depends on the person ;)

As long as it has been within the last year - we are good to go bud.
That's really cool... I wish it included Jody swords as well ;)
Guess this means I'll be ordering two more swords from you guys this year! (damn you!)

Already received:
The Regent

On order:
The Knecht
The Meister
The Vassal

Thinking of adding:
The Viceroy
The Chieftain
Same here...

Have:

Crecy Mk II
NG Gaddhjalt
NG Gotland

Getting:

NG Sempach

Wanting:

NG Sovereign
NG Valkyrja
Maintz Gladius
Got in my edit too late, but read my post above Mike, if you are still there.

My personal 6-for-1 list:
Have: Gaddhjalt, Baron, Knight
Want(top 3, anyway): Berserker, SoSM-T, Vassal
Bonus Sword: Chieftain

Also, Mike, is there a general idea what the SoSM-T is going to be priced at?

Regards,
Brian M
SoSM-T?
Brian M wrote:
Got in my edit too late, but read my post above Mike, if you are still there.

Also, Mike, is there a general idea what the SoSM-T is going to be priced at?

Regards,
Brian M

I am sorry about that bud. One year is all that we can do - it is a bookkeeping issue for one example - trying to track all of this going back further than a year is a nightmare.

I understand where you guys are coming from. It is hard and no matter what you do - you can not make everyone happy. I don't mean for this to come across rough. That is not my intention. If we would have picked 2 years someone would want 3. This is has been talked about for over 6 months now and this is the conclusion that we have come to.

Actually the First Gen's were originally not included as part of this. We decided at the last minute to include them. I know this is not for everyone - but hopefully some will be able to take advantage of it because it is a sweet deal.

I don't have a idea right now on Turin. It is all going to depend on our cost. We will be offering it as low as we can though.
Well, I've got the Gotland and the Sovereign, with the Castellan coming soon. Probably buy one or two of those XIX's. Kingmaker and Viceroy look nice. But, there is no way I could buy 6 of these guys in one year. Still, nice offer.

Last edited by Roger Hooper on Fri 09 Jul, 2004 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Timothy Gulics wrote:
SoSM-T?

Sword of Saint Maurice Turin...

Next in line in Museum Line

ks
Ooh. Excellent.
I think it's a nice offer Mike. A bit out of my league but still generous enough.

Here's where I'm at...

Ordered or received:

Baron
Sovereign
Viceroy

Next to order:

Jarl

After that it may be a while :\
Hmmmmmmm................

Check your records for me Mikey.

I've purchased the Migration type D, Crusader, Baron, Regent, Vinland, and now the Jarl.

Am I within the one year window?
Do qualifying swords purchased through Albion retailers count toward this?
Brilliant Marketing!
I'm NOT going to bite on this.

However, it is a great marketing initiative. Another in a string of very well designed marketing initiatives in fact. Seems like somebody (or several somebodys) at Albion really understands how to run a business, generate consumer interest, gain market share, and ramp sales. I applaude you guys for being innovative in more ways than just production and R&D.
Mike,

A few annoying questions:
--Will the 1-year period encompass from the SHIP-date of the first sword to the ORDER-date of the last sword? Reason I ask is, if going by the ORDER-date of the first sword, that cuts off several months. For example, I ordered the Gaddhjalt in September '03 (IIRC) but received it Dec 30th '03. So would my window be from Dec 30, '03 to Dec 30, '04?
--For the "bonus" sword, will its value (regarding the average value of the other 6) always be assessed at the normal full price of that sword? For example, I buy 6 swords with an average value of $814. When I buy the 6th, I decide I want the Hersir for my "bonus" sword, whose regular price is $850. But, hey, you happen to have the NG Vikings on sale at $100 off (just for example). Is the value for the "bonus" sword taken at $850, or $750?
--Can the "bonus" sword be kept "in the pocket" for some time for a future sword? I keep hoping to see a "Norman-esque" Type-X from Albion, which is why I'm asking.

Cheers,
Brian M
Joe,

Yes, this is "spending to save" at its finest! :D
I'm trying to rationalize it thusly: I have already purchased three NGs, which are a "sunk cost." Therefore I can look at it as a "Buy THREE and get one free" deal, instead of buy-6-for-1. It's more palatable to me that way. Dammit.

Brian M
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: