This listing is marked SOLD and is no longer available

This is a very new title (2009) and probably essential for true basket cases. The main contributions here are the full-length and multiple color views of the swords. If you have Mazansky, you know how frustrating it is that the images are b&w and he didn't show the blades. If you have Culloden: The Swords and the Sorrows, you know how frustrating it is that, though in color, again, blades aren't shown in full and the book is so short. I have both of those books and although I like seeing the blades and multiple views in this one, I don't need that information. If you have those you might find this one slightly redundant. Basically, it's a blend of those two classics.

Other highlights include excellent coverage of the later military patterns and an illustrated guide to makers marks.

If you collect these swords, commission reproductions or make them yourself, I would think this book could be very helpful. I think it was overpriced new at $53 (shipped) so I'm asking only $40 (shipped media rate). Condition is as I received it, with some very minor handling marks on the cover and slight crease on the spine. Otherwise Like New. I'll take PayPal, personal check or MO and don't really have a preference between them.

Attachment: 168.92 KB
scottish1.gif

Attachment: 161.14 KB
scottish2.gif

Attachment: 152.83 KB
scottish3.gif

Attachment: 156.19 KB
scottish4.gif