Die Fledermaus Falchion
[ Linked Image ]
Click the image to go the the gallery page for the full pictures and the specs.

Here is a video of testing the blade:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=106aON-8h14
It's a beautiful one. I love messers, and this one is incredibly nice.
Oh yeah! We need more stuff like this.

Great work.
When I first saw this topic on the main page, I thought, "What do swords have to do with The Tick?

Great job on the falchion.

SPOON!!!!!!!!!!!!
this piece is just awesome
Well done Ben. That is one gothic beauty right there. I love the curves of this piece. Just flows nicely.
Beautiful weapon! Falchions are not, generally, my primary area of interest, but this one looks really, really nice.
Beautiful work Ben, particularly love the guard.

Tod
This is a very pretty piece. I love the grip, the wood is gorgeous. Well done!
Thanks,
It is always a relief to know that I didn't go off the artistic deep end with a piece.
My heart just skipped a beat.

I just want to pick that sucker up and start cutting, who's the lucky person that gets that beauty?
Definitely not off the artistic deep end on this! It is gorgeous. I love the flowing lines of the guard. Bravo!!

:cool:
Michael Eging wrote:
I love the flowing lines of the guard. Bravo!!
:cool:

I find those lines on that very elegant guard, almost oriental elegance. Well done. :)
Ciao
Maurizio
I dont see this blade to often, kinda like the Messer John Lundemo made for Bill Grandy. The guard is a trip, but I love the grip!
... ahhh, this looks to be skillfully executed, aesthetically pleasing to the eye,
and a very attractive piece of work, Mr. Potter. There's a touch of flamboyance
that doesn't detract from what is apparently a vicious looking -- as the notorious
Sword Buyers Guide would call it --

Slicer OR Chopper !

I also appreciate how you've created a link to an expansive view of this well
photographed sword. Nice choice of poses and background worthy of being
wallpaper on anyone's computer.
Great work! Quite flexible too, I would have figured it would be "machete" stiff!

M.
Michael B. wrote:
My heart just skipped a beat.

I just want to pick that sucker up and start cutting, who's the lucky person that gets that beauty?

I commissioned this piece but gave complete license to Ben. He sent me a sketch about a month and a half ago. I was thinking about a saber but he had been thinking about this piece for a while and I loved it. Ben is great to work with. Check out his blog. I was able to watch the entire process. If any of you are thinking about a commission, I higly recommend Mr. Potter.

Thanks Ben, cant wait to hold Die Fledermaus!
That is a great looking blade and hilt Ben. The artistry of the guard really caught my eye even though this type of blade does not interest me.

Congratulations on getting such a great looking blade J.E. Make sure to post some reviews when you get this beauty.

Scott
Beautiful blade and a great video! I like the flexibility of the blade.
And may the Lord bless you to! With His help I hope to order something pattern welded from you one day. ;-)
Thanks for all tht kind words I'm glade you like it.

By the way,I've posted this elsewhere but as it was mentioned I thought I's add it. Here is a link to my blog where I post frequent updates on my work updates:

[ Linked Image ]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: